La tanning - starting mobile tanning again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodiex

Reaction score
Hellooo, so as it's nearing Xmas I imagine spray tans will be in high demand. I work in a salon doing lashes and nails but think people prefer mobile spray tans so they are in their own home!

So question is - la tanning deals just seem too cheap? I actually already have the pink glam machine which I bought from suntana. Only used it a couple of times though I think. Is la tan good? I've read old posts and seen very good reviews. But like I got a text of them the other day for latest spray tan unit, 3 litres of solution tent and online training for £xxx? How can it be so cheap? I've already done my training with sienna x

What machine is best for occasional mobile tans?
What solutions are best?
How long does la tan last? And does it wear off well?

Any info would be great �� xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Loads of ppl in my area are doing LA Tan really really cheap, average is around £7, one woman is doing two tans for £10. I personally wouldn't be bothered loading my car up and driving out anywhere for £7.

At that price I don't think clients really care about what the fade off is like and whether it lasts, they are happy enough if it's good for their one night out and that's it.

I've got the glam tan machine, never tried any other to compare it with but I love it, easy to use, looks great and no overspray.

I'm using Moroccan Tan at the moment. Charging £15. It comes in 6 shades, 2-4hr wash off and I'm getting good reviews and repeat bookings... which is a miracle really when I'm competing with anyone doing two for £10 in LA Tan.

I use LA Tan at £15 a client and if they do a group booking it's £10 per person. My clients really like it, they also like getting all Their friends around and having it done together. It kept me busy over the summer with pre-girly weekend preparations. I only ever had one complaint and that was with a Mis-understanding on rapid tan, the client expected a deep result straight after wash off. After reading this I wonder if my price is too high? 😕 but I always had plenty of bookings in the summer and now requests coming up to the Christmas parties and works do's etc.

If you're charging £15 and are busy then your price is fine. Don't lower it!

I guess it all depends on the area you're in and the competition. Like I said, there's loads in my area using that brand. The cheap start up kit and the fact that you can be certified without ever having actually spray tanned anyone doesn't help, I think loads of ppl in my area see it as easy money.

I've had a couple of misunderstandings with Moroccan Tan too, despite explaining that it develops over 12 hours I've had a couple of clients text me as soon as they've washed it off to say it hasn't worked, then text me again the next morning to say they love it :)

Thanks guys, the salon I work in does St tropez and to be honest no one really rates it? I used to use Suntana and liked that. I prefer the brown tones rather to the gold ones but la tanning do both don't they to give clients the option?

Might just buy one of the kits because I need a new tent anyway

Have any if you used the blow up tents!x

If you're charging £15 and are busy then your price is fine. Don't lower it!

I guess it all depends on the area you're in and the competition. Like I said, there's loads in my area using that brand. The cheap start up kit and the fact that you can be certified without ever having actually spray tanned anyone doesn't help, I think loads of ppl in my area see it as easy money.

I've had a couple of misunderstandings with Moroccan Tan too, despite explaining that it develops over 12 hours I've had a couple of clients text me as soon as they've washed it off to say it hasn't worked, then text me again the next morning to say they love it :)

Aww well in that's case I will leave it as it is then lol. I didn't realise you could get certified in this way. That must be daunting, I was really nervous for my first group booking despite having previously tanned about 20 hairdressers at college for the showcase we put on during the year! It's totally different when u r on your own I suppose.

Thanks guys, the salon I work in does St tropez and to be honest no one really rates it? I used to use Suntana and liked that. I prefer the brown tones rather to the gold ones but la tanning do both don't they to give clients the option?

Might just buy one of the kits because I need a new tent anyway

Have any if you used the blow up tents!x

I haven't tried the inflatable tents, might be much easier than having a fight to put the pop up one away without taking out light fittings lol.

I do like the choice between brown or gold too, I personally prefer a brown tan but a fair few if my clients like what they call a golden glow. I did train with crazy angel solution and love it but find it really clogs pores. I don't know anyone who uses st. Tropez so can't comment there.

Have you thought about a spray tan curtain? We used to use these before we got our wipe down rooms so no need for them now but we loved them!

Latest posts

Back