Lack of clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyndsey007

Reaction score
No idea what i am doing wrong here but i just can't get clients :(
I had 3 ladies not turn up to consultations this week & 5 the week before. I know this happens but i'm beginning to think maybe this is not the career for me? I finished my lvl 2 hairdressing july this year, & im doing my lvl 3 at the minute, Im working in a hair salon for the extensions & they are also helping to train me with the hairdressing side. I just cant get clients in, I reviewed my prices the hair & options available to clients, I can work almost whenever is suitable for the client as i have my own keys for the salon ( just not monday & tues afternoons ) ..I set my prices months ago, & I've researched other extensionists near me , what they charge & what hair etc & decided as i wasnt getting clients i will lower my prices a little, ive done special offers, discounts, free fittings etc but nothing :( I'm qualified in micro rings & micro wefts & have only ever fit 1 weft as nobody wants it, the ones who come go for micro rings. What on earth am i doing wrong?
The clients i have had in, i always try to get them to rebook in for maintenance etc but they dont they ring me last minute instead to book in, 1 of my 1st clients came to me for about 7mths, but as i was at home working she treat me like a friend & let me down around 6/7 times, since ive started in the salon she hasnt been back, i reviewed my policies etc, no price changes bar taking a deposit & now thats it ...nothing, no clients :( Im self employed & have no income at all, I dont know what to do :( Any advice really appreciated ladies & gents x

if they're not turning up for consultations.. surely that means it's no reflection on you? if they're interested in your prices and the work you do, before you've even consulted with them.. that's good! so you must have just had an unlucky week with un-reliable people! I moved salons recently to one that is more orientated towards a younger clientele and in comparison to where I use to work which was a more older clientele the clients are so much less reliable purely because of their age! I can imagine that's the seem reason for you!

Yeh they're just people without manners to let me know i get that, I just don't know what to do. I know they say when you start self employed its hard at 1st but i'm renting a chair & have no income so i'm losing money quickly on the rental cost. I don't want to leave or anything but there is only so long i can do this for which would then mean having to get a " proper " job ( as everyone keeps telling me to do ) & give up the hair as i then wouldn't have time. I've had 2 spies in the last 2 wks, 1 came to me complaining about her extensions coming out & the lady who fit them being rude when she tried to book in, She asked me alsorts & i genuinely thought she was going to make a switch to me, then all of a sudden she said ok thanks i'll let her do it this time then i'll come to you :/ I think sometimes i may be spending to much time explaining things online, but then i feel if i dont explain it they might not want to know? I think my prices are really fair & i have a choice to suit various budgets. Indian remy as my budget , brazilian for middle & then russian slavic for top end. I cut & blend in & can colour if required before fitting. Lass near me uses same supplier & charges £75 more, i have quite a few ppl on fb who seem to share her posts but not mine. Its so disheartening, this other lass isnt even a hairdresser so she cant colour or cut/blend :(

Yeh they're just people without manners to let me know i get that, I just don't know what to do. I know they say when you start self employed its hard at 1st but i'm renting a chair & have no income so i'm losing money quickly on the rental cost. I don't want to leave or anything but there is only so long i can do this for which would then mean having to get a " proper " job ( as everyone keeps telling me to do ) & give up the hair as i then wouldn't have time. I've had 2 spies in the last 2 wks, 1 came to me complaining about her extensions coming out & the lady who fit them being rude when she tried to book in, She asked me alsorts & i genuinely thought she was going to make a switch to me, then all of a sudden she said ok thanks i'll let her do it this time then i'll come to you :/ I think sometimes i may be spending to much time explaining things online, but then i feel if i dont explain it they might not want to know? I think my prices are really fair & i have a choice to suit various budgets. Indian remy as my budget , brazilian for middle & then russian slavic for top end. I cut & blend in & can colour if required before fitting. Lass near me uses same supplier & charges £75 more, i have quite a few ppl on fb who seem to share her posts but not mine. Its so disheartening, this other lass isnt even a hairdresser so she cant colour or cut/blend :(

Please don't be offended by me saying this but It sounds like you take it personally. I know it can be hard starting up but you just have to be consistent & not let it get you down, you can loose confidence this way. It's just about reputation Hun the other two extensionist have been doing it longer & have a clients, people prefer to go to someone that they know etc. just stick with it once you've done a few youl build up your reputation & word of mouth. X

Gosh no i'm not offended, I do take it personally i know i do, as i'm trying so hard & it feels like a kick in the teeth sometimes lol
I keep going but i need more pictures to show, I've offered friends free fittings just so i can have pics but nope weeks later i find out they've been somewhere else :( x

Can you ask them why they went elsewhere? Nicley ovs but just say your curious, I've done it to clients that had them done elsewhere, it's usually price

I saw a post on Facebook today which said "just because you're struggling does not mean you're failing, every great success requires some kind of a struggle to get there."
These little things help me when it gets difficult.
I hope this helps you too. Xx

I saw a post on Facebook today which said "just because you're struggling does not mean you're failing, every great success requires some kind of a struggle to get there."
These little things help me when it gets difficult.
I hope this helps you too. Xx

I find when I have a large bill or the salon is quiet is when I get my most creative. I get really fired up to turn things around - something that is harder to do when you're busy. We throw ideas around and start to get excited.
I think working on your business is just as important as working in your business!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back