Landlord causes big set back!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secret rainbow

Reaction score
I was due to open my own salon next month. It has been going through since march and was supposed to be completed this month but the solicitors dragged thier feet.I was about to send back the signed lease when i had a phone call from the person who has the lease and is assigning it to me to say that the landlords son had been in touch and has said as i am a new business im not a good proposition so he wont lease to me! How are new businesses supposed to start? The person who has the lease said he would sub let to me if i give him 6months rent up front to put in his bank account for the term of the lease which is 6yrs and i would still have to find the 3 months rent up front. Im not a bottomless pit of money wish i was!! I cant do it so im back to square 1! To say im fed up is a understatement! I gave them bank references which were good and personal references and i have a guarrentor but i dont have 3yrs audited accounts!! Are all landlords the same or do i stand a chance?

They seem to be breeding. I had a similar problem with Grumpy the Landlord!! Decided that he would not budge one iota on the terms of the lease and I'd have been mad to enter into it. Frankly I am better off not going there, but it left such a sour taste that I don't want a salon now so going back mobile for a while til I get my head straight.

I wrote to Tony Blair because I said that it is so hard for the average guy to make an HONEST living, all I wanted to do was open a small beauty salon and was it too much to ask. He hasn't replied yet, not that I'm expecting much if I do.

My heart goes out to you hun as I know EXACTLY what you are feeling right now and it's not a nice feeling.:hug:

BTW - anyone need a brand new hydraulic couch cos there is one sitting at Beautelle waiting for a lovely new salon to go to, it would be criminal if it just sat in my garage? PM me if you'd like the details.

secret rainbow said:
I was due to open my own salon next month. It has been going through since march and was supposed to be completed this month but the solicitors dragged thier feet.I was about to send back the signed lease when i had a phone call from the person who has the lease and is assigning it to me to say that the landlords son had been in touch and has said as i am a new business im not a good proposition so he wont lease to me! How are new businesses supposed to start? The person who has the lease said he would sub let to me if i give him 6months rent up front to put in his bank account for the term of the lease which is 6yrs and i would still have to find the 3 months rent up front. Im not a bottomless pit of money wish i was!! I cant do it so im back to square 1! To say im fed up is a understatement! I gave them bank references which were good and personal references and i have a guarrentor but i dont have 3yrs audited accounts!! Are all landlords the same or do i stand a chance?

Surely it is down to the landlord to make this decision and not his son.....! I would be sending them a letter with an invoice to pay for your costs of solicitors and loss of business.
David

Jaydee said:
Surely it is down to the landlord to make this decision and not his son.....! I would be sending them a letter with an invoice to pay for your costs of solicitors and loss of business.
David
The landlords son acts for her in business matters and what makes it more annoying is the estate agent is the landlords son too so they have known about me since day 1 but only say something now! Luckily i decided to act for myself and took advice from a solicitor which cost me 25.00. So i havent lost much.Its the man with the lease who has got the costs.

I had a call from the estate agent today to say that if my husband will stand as guarrentor that they will go ahead!! My husband said he hasnt got anything cos ive got it all!!

Wot a load of old meanies could think of stronger words but wont repeat them on here. Talk about lead you up the garden path.

I hope you find something spectacular both you and sassy, so you can go back and stick your fingers up at them when you have thriving businesses.

Good luck girls and keep your chins up
x

ps
pmsl at the comment your hubby made

Latest posts

Back