Lanzarote?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jellybaby1970

Reaction score
Hopefully some of you can help me! Me and my hubby weren't going to have a holiday this year due to lots of different factors, both being self-employed, trying to save for a house etc and although I was really disappointed I had started to accept that it was the sensible thing to do. We have been really spoilt having 5 foreign holidays in 6 years and going to Cyprus, all inclusive in 5* luxury for the last 2 years.
Anyway, he woke up yesterday and said he feels he needs a holiday away and to get looking on the internet!
Panic! We only have a one week window when we can get away and it has to be as cheap as possible. Somewhere hot near a beach.
It's going to be July 14-21. I was looking and Lanzarote looks really cheap but I don't know anything about it! Can anyone recommend the best area to go that is fairly quiet but easily accessible to bars and restaurants. Not too 'clubby' with vomiting teenagers.
Also, what is the cost of food and drink out there? I can't decide what board basis to go on. If it's fairly cheap I'm thinking self catering as it will be hard to live up to last years standards!
Any help gratefully received! :D

Have a look on alpharooms website, if they are not the cheapest they will match the price if you find it cheaper after booking, iv used them for spain twice, amsterdam and tenerife in 3 weeks time, never had any problems and always the cheapest iv found x

I went to costa teguise with my hubby last November and it will be perfect for what your wanting, very clean, scenic, chilled but lots of bars and restaurants. We stayed at the bluebay hotel which was nice, it's all inclusive but we still ate out. It was one of the nicest places iv been too. Also cheap while your there too :) x

I've been to lanzarote about 2 years ago at the start if June for 2 weeks. I'll be totally honest it is a good place to go on holiday but best at September as it is a windy island and we were lying at the pool with goose bumps! If you want a cheap holiday with sun and heat I would definately recommend Tenerife instead. Something to have a look into anyways. I hope that's at least a little help for you.

Vicki :) xx

I back Marie Hilton on Costa Teguise if you're set on Lanzarote but I agree with McKendrick that Tenerife is better. Costa Adeje is a lovely resort. It's about 3km from Playa Las Americas which is where you will find the vomiting clubbers. Costa Adeje is the posh bit.

I can't recommend budget or cheap. Sorry, I'd rather stay at home.

Thanks for all your comments....we are now looking at Tenerife, Los Cristianos? Any ideas for that? It's all so confusing! :eek:

Thanks for all your comments....we are now looking at Tenerife, Los Cristianos? Any ideas for that? It's all so confusing! :eek:

No, that was built in the 60's and is full of old people. (Probably why it's cheap). Unfortunately if you're use to having 4/5 star holidays you're going to find it really hard to downgrade. I just can't do it. I'd rather 3 days of 5 star than 14 days of 3 star. Those holiday from hell programmes have convinced me of that.

Get entering competitions for holidays! Lol.

Have a look at las Americas, if you happen to go self catering there is plenty of eating places and the food is really cheap and lovely.

Have a look at las Americas, if you happen to go self catering there is plenty of eating places and the food is really cheap and lovely.

But it's a bit clubby vomity isn't it? Costa Adeje is better. You could always venture into Las Americas for a meal and a few drinks.

There's lovely wee cheap and cheerful appartments called La Florida in Puerto del Carmen think its something like £14 per person per night.

They are just behind a wee row of shops that sit on a hill and if you go down hill you have the old town and harbour to the right and main strip to the left so you kinda in the middle of everything.

Hth
Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm going this year again I loved it last year! Only thing I didn't like is when people were coming up to you handing leaflets out all the time for bars and restaurants my bag were filled with them.

I have just got Back from puerto del Carmen it was amazing! Windy but still got a cracking tan (after the sunburn lol) of personally recommend PDC as it'stxf more lively if you want it along the main strip 2 km long full of bars shops and restaurants. Wouldn't need a car. It's also like a 10-15 min taxi ride from airport. I'd never go anywhere else in lanzarote. After visiting all other areas playa blanca, matagorda, playa Honda etc I always find PDCy favourite x

Been going to lanzarote for 12 years... six times a year and I highly highly recommend it. La Morana are amazing self catering apartments in Puerto Del Carmen or if your going really budget La Panorama is the cheapest to be found (also self catering, adults only). I would crack up if I went all inclusive as the restaraunts out there are to die for and very reasonable. Recommend La Bodega, Puerto Habia, La Cantina where youll get a two course meal for two with all the trimmings and wine for under 50euro. One last word of advice... if your planning on sightseeing dont do a tour. Rent a car and explore. Papagayo beaches are on the south side of the island and you haven't been to Lanzarote if you haven't seen them!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went to Lanzarote about 2 years ago & loved it! We stayed in Puerto Del Carmen in the Floresta Apartment, it was in the prefect area nice and quiet, had a Spar right next to it, the beach couldn't be any closer & some really nice restaurants across from the beach, 2 minutes away from the apartments. The city centre was about a 10-15 minute walk away from where we stayed, all the clubs are in that area and all the places to shop. We went half board but the restaurants were so good, we ate out pretty much every night, mostly at a Jungla bar, they do the best cocktails and Sunday dinner! 😊

Just looking for somewhere near facilities, clean, with a pool, a bar and hot sun! Doesn't have to be flashy, it's only for a week. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back