Large nail gems cracking nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,
I use Swarovski's a lot when doing acrylics so I got some large nail gems and my client was made up with her nails yesterday but has messaged me today to say one of her nails has cracked under the gem..
I applied it with a small blob of acrylic as the gem was quite large and glue wouldn't hold it..she's coming for a nail repair tomorrow and I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else before? Maybe the blob of acrylic has caused it to crack?
Her other nail with gem on other hand has been fine..
I've attached picture :)
Thanks in advance xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1456663712.029597.jpg

I use large 3D gems all the time but it looks like your free edge might not be thick enough and the middle as well. I think it just needs a little extra strengths that's all x

I use large 3D gems all the time but it looks like your free edge might not be thick enough and the middle as well. I think it just needs a little extra strengths that's all x
Ahh ok fab :) thank you xxxxx

I would also suggest maybe applying the gems a little closer towards the cuticle area as it is quite far down the nail where you are more likely to get weak points and stress areas if that makes sense? xx

I would also suggest maybe applying the gems a little closer towards the cuticle area as it is quite far down the nail where you are more likely to get weak points and stress areas if that makes sense? xx
Yeah I know exactly what you mean..atleast I know now,I might soak both nails off and re apply closer to the cuticle just incase the same happens on the other hand too..
Thanks girls xxxx

Latest posts

Back