Laser hair removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinktooth21

Reaction score
Haii Ladies,
I'm currently having laser hair removal on my upper lip and chin and after every treatment my face is covered in scabs and blisters. It usually goes away after a couple of days but is there any way I can reduce this happening ?

Any help ?

Oh yes, forgot to mention - its the soprano laser machine and it can be used on black skin so I'm sure that's not the problem.

The treatment is definatly working as the hair has definatly reduced, it's just the blistering and the scabs that I need help with.

Thanx again :D

Hi, has the salon provided you with pre and post care advice? What did they say when you reported the blistering and scabs?

Hi, has the salon provided you with pre and post care advice? What did they say when you reported the blistering and scabs?

Thank you for answering !
I'm having it done at my GP - the kind lady who does it (who was previously my client) said that it's common to get a few scabs and it might blister if the skin isn't cooled down but after every treatment I put cold peas on the area to cool it down and I still blister. I have my next appointment on Tuesday and I'm wondering if it's worth me bringing up the scanning and blistering as she said it could happen. But I didn't think so much - I was expecting a few scabs but it's usually very inflammed..is it worth me bringing it up ? X

I'm having laser hair removal, using a soprano xl machine and it is pain free, no blisters or scabs. This doesn't sound right at all ! I would be querying the damage your skin is undergoing :-\

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi Pinktooth.

Yes definitley bring it to your practitioners attention. Yes it can be if the area isn't cooled enough, but also if it is too high. Black hair doesn't need to be on a high setting as there is a high level of colour within the hair. If the skin is getting damaged it can cause pigmentation damage to the skin. This can be permanent damage. Laser practitioners need to be really careful when treating Black and Asian skin as it is more likely to get damage. Also to prevent pigmentation damage you need to wear an SPF 30 min whilst having treatment and 4/6 weeks after last laser treatment.

Hth

Carla-Jane

Hi Pinktooth.

Yes definitley bring it to your practitioners attention. Yes it can be if the area isn't cooled enough, but also if it is too high. Black hair doesn't need to be on a high setting as there is a high level of colour within the hair. If the skin is getting damaged it can cause pigmentation damage to the skin. This can be permanent damage. Laser practitioners need to be really careful when treating Black and Asian skin as it is more likely to get damage. Also to prevent pigmentation damage you need to wear an SPF 30 min whilst having treatment and 4/6 weeks after last laser treatment.

Hth

Carla-Jane

Thank you for the advice, I'm sure the practitioner knows what she is doing she just probably didn't realise how high the current is while she is treating me - and as I don't tell her about the problem after the treatment. I will let her know. Thank you ladies :D xxx

Latest posts

Back