Lash and brow tinting law change on peroxide?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammy.J

Reaction score
Hey geeks!

I was speaking to a therapist that uses a lot of organic products and she was telling me that the law is changing on how eyelash tint can be used that soon it will be illegal to use peroxide... I use refectocil products and love them, I've had a search online about this and can't see anything. Anyone on here heard about this or is it nonsense? How can tint develop without the use of an oxidant?

Hey geeks!

I was speaking to a therapist that uses a lot of organic products and she was telling me that the law is changing on how eyelash tint can be used that soon it will be illegal to use peroxide... I use refectocil products and love them, I've had a search online about this and can't see anything. Anyone on here heard about this or is it nonsense? How can tint develop without the use of an oxidant?

I haven't heard of this however
I use a peroxide free tint system it's develops fine and colour lasts just as long x

What system do you use if you don't mind me asking?

I have just switched to MarvelBrow as its peroxide free. I doubt very much its going to be illegal.... If anyones going to be messing around with regulations & law they would start by regulating the industry & banning that horrid MMA stuff surely?!? Xx

Okay cool, have either of you used refectocil to compare it? If not I'll just order some and have a play. Just means re patch testing [emoji51][emoji379]

MarvelBrow dosnt require patch testing (unless there has been a reaction to any tint product previously)
I think it dosent contain the 2 most common allergens (peroxide & pdd??) which is why it dosnt need the test. Theres a few posts on it already so have a quick search & more info should come up. I literally changed to it this week but so far the results have been fab xx

Refectocil have also bought out a 2 step peroxide free tint range too. I've not tried it yet but will be ordering as I love refectocil tints. There's not the same colour selection as their regular range but well worth a try! X

Refectocil have also bought out a 2 step peroxide free tint range too. I've not tried it yet but will be ordering as I love refectocil tints. There's not the same colour selection as their regular range but well worth a try! X
I've just had a look on their website and I can't see this range. I'm in the uk, so has it been released in the states and not here or am I being daft? X

MarvelBrow dosnt require patch testing (unless there has been a reaction to any tint product previously)
I think it dosent contain the 2 most common allergens (peroxide & pdd??) which is why it dosnt need the test. Theres a few posts on it already so have a quick search & more info should come up. I literally changed to it this week but so far the results have been fab xx
Okay, thanks so much. [emoji4]

I've just had a look on their website and I can't see this range. I'm in the uk, so has it been released in the states and not here or am I being daft? X
Found it! X

Ooh I didnt know Refecotil had a petoxide free one too! Theres only 2 colours in the MarvelBrowrange- brown & black so i will have a look at the others. Where did you find them hun? Xx

Ooh I didnt know Refecotil had a petoxide free one too! Theres only 2 colours in the MarvelBrowrange- brown & black so i will have a look at the others. Where did you find them hun? Xx

They have it in Salon services. ;)

Salons direct too. The are selling a starter kit which works out loads cheaper but is out of stock. I'm gonna hang on till that's back in. Xx

Beauty express sell the refectocil sensitive range individually and have stock at the moment. Keep us posted if you do get it to try. Will be interested to hear what it's like. Xx

I'll be finishing the ones I have and probably replace with the sensitive ones. It says 3 minutes development time too! That's super quick!
I know 1 of my clients will be super impressed as she has majorly sensitive eyes a lot of the time so holds off having them tinted if she's sore on the day.
Looking forward to hearing how you get on with them x

Hey geeks!

There's no change in law (only the European Directive can affect this) but I wouldn't be surprised to see more non-peroxide tints. It's not always needed, especially if the hair is light.

There's no change in law (only the European Directive can affect this) but I wouldn't be surprised to see more non-peroxide tints. It's not always needed, especially if the hair is light.

Can you please explain why peroxide might not be required? Do you know the science behind it? x

It's the same as hair tint, less permanent but safer. Not going to replace peroxide based tints, but as there are so many people allergic to normal tints there's a market for it. I think a while back there was semi-permanent mascara available but it didn't take off, because it's nice to lie down and have someone else do it for you ;)

It's the same as hair tint, less permanent but safer. Not going to replace peroxide based tints, but as there are so many people allergic to normal tints there's a market for it. I think a while back there was semi-permanent mascara available but it didn't take off, because it's nice to lie down and have someone else do it for you ;)

I see. I've been lucky enough not to come across anyone with an allergy. Touch wood now!
Yeah I think the mascara didn't take off cause you had to remove it; an extra appointment for a lot of people is a nuscience (sorry I can't spell and my autocorrect can't find it lol) as they don't really see it get anything from it.
I wonder if this alternative can just be used instead for everyone? There must be a reason it hasn't replaced it completely yet.

Latest posts

Back