Lash extension help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenorcutie

CND EA
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I wondered if you could offer me some advice on last extensions. Which makes are good, how long the average set takes to do etc. Im not the most patient person in the world so wondered if i would have the patience to do them and do them well.
I really fancy adding them to my treatment list but wanted some advise first.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sarah

Hi, I trained with Lash Perfect and it was very good and thorough. It takes up to 2 hours to do a full set which has about 60 lashes on each eye but most of my ladies like less lashes, say 30 -40 on each eye and it takes 90 mins in total. They are popular but it is quite fiddly to do at first. Practise makes perfect.

Hi Sarah,
I dont have a huge amount of experience yet as I only qualified in August 2010 but when I started it was taking me quite a while to do a full set of lashes. I can now do a full set of lashes (50 per eye) in 1 hour 25 min if Im not too tired. Im pretty sure I will get faster as I do more sets.

Lash products themselves are pretty standard but I would avoid the cheap stuff and go for quality lashes and adhesives - the lashes look better and they stay on longer. I did my training with Francesca at LashbyFrancesca.co.uk which was one on one, so I had her undivided attention and also a follow up mentor session before my assessment. She also sells top quality products too and as a former student I get discounts.

I would say, give lash extensions a go, for me its very rewarding to see a set of lashes that I have done and my ladies like them too.

Hi Sarah
its very difficult to say how you are going to find the lashes as some people find them very easy and some have to practice a bit longer but generally we have found that therapists who already offer nail treatments find the lashes very easy to get on with.
As with everything it takes a bit of practice and determination to get quick and efficient but maybe what you could do is maybe speak to a trainer that is near you and find out if you can watch so you can see if that is for you? that way you can get a better feel for what is involved?

Latest posts

Back