Lash extension nightmare! Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambee

Reaction score
Hey girls,
I've been doing lash extensions since May, I accept I'm not going to be amazing at it but I don't think I'm bad as I do have people come back to me and compliments which I'm very greatful for. However..

Yesterday I had a lady who normally comes to me and I don't know what happened as this was her first ever infill as she normally leaves it so long we always do new sets, but it's been what 2/3 weeks and I was trying to do her infills but the lashes were a mess I don't know why? I've never had this problem before I literally needed to remove the whole lot and there was all glittery eyeshadow in them and it just was a actual nightmare. I sat there for 2 hours trying to fix it until I told her I literally need to take them off due to makeup being in them (there wasn't any mascara) and the right eye being impossible to fix. I felt so embarrassed but it looked like they haven't been looked after properly. She left and I didn't charge, she booked in for a new set next week which I think she done because she felt bad so she will probs cancel.

Anyhow, what products are there I can use to clean the lashes at infills? And how can I speed up! I'm dreadful with infills I take forever! I also accidentally pulled a real eyelash out when removing I felt so bad :( again this has never happened they were just a a mess so it made it difficult!

Anyone had anything similar?

Hi Sambee,
Definately sounds like your client isn't looking after them, an infill shouldn't be so difficult! Do you give aftercare forms/advice??
I do have clients that have some eyeshadow dust on their lashes, I use a lash comb and the simple eye make up remover-this is handy as its oil free but also has a small hole at the top so you can pop the end of the wand in there and tip the remover so the wand is wet then comb through lashes.
The only way I sped up was to buy a faster drying glue 1/2 seconds. I use Flirties ultra.
Sounds like you done well but don't beat yourself up-spending 2 hours trying to rectify them is not something you should have to do! All you can do is educate your clients to looks after their lashes. Saying that I still have clients who don't listen and come back with lashes like a birds nest (never combing them)

Thanks for your reply, I am really beating myself up I feel like I'm rubbish and don't know if I should continue :( it was just a nightmare appointment and I'm so embarrassed. in deffinently going to get a quicker drying glue! The client ended up leaving with all of the lashes removed as I wasn't happy with how the infill went. What do you think?

Definately get onto a new glue, it will make you work quicker.
Had you to started to try to infill or were you just separating and cleaning up the mess of them?
If they were a state it's good she's got them off before they cause damage, then she can have a fresh set next time.
It's really worth giving out aftercare tips and I give the lash wand that I've used on the client for thier full set

Latest posts

Back