Lash extensions - how do I create this type of look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cremeegg86

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could help, I have been browsing around on the boards for a while and am learning a lot, but there's one thing I can't seem to find the answer for. I may not be searching for the right terms though as I don't really know what I would enter so if you know what I need to look for them please do send me in the the right direction!

I recently qualified in individual eyelash extensions. I'm SLOW. But I know I need to keep practicing and get a quicker drying glue too to help this (although I think it's my isolation or stroking of the lash down the real lash).

Anyway, I recently started using friends as models to practice and they KEEP all bring ping photos with the same time of eyelashes on. Trouble is, I can't seem to figure out why mine don't look like that and how to work on it. Yes, they've definitely got more lashes on there with great application but can you help me with the actual lashes?

I'm using 0.15 or 0.18 lashes in either a c or a b curl from eyelash emporium. They look more..... Fluttery and natural. But people aren't asking me for this!

I've attached some photos of what people like. What thickness are these? Is there a brand you would recommend for me?

Again, if this has been asked and I can't find it then I'm sorry and just send me that way :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 109
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if you could help, I have been browsing around on the boards for a while and am learning a lot, but there's one thing I can't seem to find the answer for. I may not be searching for the right terms though as I don't really know what I would enter so if you know what I need to look for them please do send me in the the right direction!

I recently qualified in individual eyelash extensions. I'm SLOW. But I know I need to keep practicing and get a quicker drying glue too to help this (although I think it's my isolation or stroking of the lash down the real lash).

Anyway, I recently started using friends as models to practice and they KEEP all bring ping photos with the same time of eyelashes on. Trouble is, I can't seem to figure out why mine don't look like that and how to work on it. Yes, they've definitely got more lashes on there with great application but can you help me with the actual lashes?

I'm using 0.15 or 0.18 lashes in either a c or a b curl from eyelash emporium. They look more..... Fluttery and natural. But people aren't asking me for this!

I've attached some photos of what people like. What thickness are these? Is there a brand you would recommend for me?

Again, if this has been asked and I can't find it then I'm sorry and just send me that way :)

I have just popped a photo of what one of my earlier case studies looks like.
I know I need a lot of work but it's so you can see the lashes etc.... Thanks everyone

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    797.6 KB · Views: 118
I have just popped a photo of what one of my earlier case studies looks like.
I know I need a lot of work but it's so you can see the lashes etc.... Thanks everyone

I just wanted to bump to seyou if anyone could help...

I posted a photo from today in here to show my most recent attempt - it's obviously airbrushed but not the lashes!

I packed more on, and went back to fell in between with shorter lashes. However, the lashes still don't look like the first pics. Any pointers/brand advice would be great :) xx

Attachments

• IMG_2426.JPG
    IMG_2426.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 153
Post deleted

Last edited:
Hi Cremeegg
Let me help you -

We are always dictated by the platform of natural lashes that we are working on - if you have then sparse nl then you will achieve a much more natural look. If you have lots of nl then you will get a thicker full look.
BUT eyelash extensions only extend, they do not create what does not exist.

Looking at the pics you have attached, i think these are express lashes, so that are slotted in the set, the reason being they look very full, with no gaps and natural lashes offer gaps.

Express lashes are for short term wear only and can cause damage so I would never offer to clients personally.

0.18 and 0.20 is very heavy for most clients, but try the flat lashes which can help with a fuller look - otherwise try not to use more than a 0.15 on a nl.

Your question is the same that everyone asks - how do i make look fuller!!! the answer is that you have to work off clients natural lashes and we must be safe.

However if you are new please take a look at this which may assist you help fast track your learning - http://eyelashexcellence.com/about-ltt/

Also check out my youtube tutorials xx

Hi Cremeegg86

I'm new to lashes too and when you posted this thread last week, I wanted to know too and came back hoping someone had replied.

After speaking to my tutor and researching online, generally, I think its less about the types of lashes but more about our application and experience.

1. From your first set, your lashes are too far away from the lash line. (They need to be a bit closer, still not touching the lash line but not as far away). My tutor advised me to do them closer and a set i did yesterday is a lot more uniform.
2. Volume- My sets are like yours and my tutor calls it a half set! We need to apply more lashes to get them really full.
3. Direction - This will definitely come with experience but i think our sets are fluttery because we havent mastered taking control of the direction of lashes.
There's a master lash artist called Frankie Widdows and this video explains what i mean

Anyway, as i said, Im new too but if you get a definitive answer from someone more experience, please let me know too! :)

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

It's nice to know we are trying to improve the same things :) it's feels like a long way to go!

I did some today and they were way too far away from the root so I really need to work on it asap. did you just take your time to get them closer?

Thanks so much for the video! That was a lot of help because the set today again were going off in their own directions and I swear I never had any guidance on that on my course. To be honest, I didn't have much help on the course and am finding so much more out by browsing on here.

How long is it taking you to do a full set?

Thanks so much for replying xx

Hi Cremeegg
Let me help you -

We are always dictated by the platform of natural lashes that we are working on - if you have then sparse nl then you will achieve a much more natural look. If you have lots of nl then you will get a thicker full look.
BUT eyelash extensions only extend, they do not create what does not exist.

Looking at the pics you have attached, i think these are express lashes, so that are slotted in the set, the reason being they look very full, with no gaps and natural lashes offer gaps.

Express lashes are for short term wear only and can cause damage so I would never offer to clients personally.

0.18 and 0.20 is very heavy for most clients, but try the flat lashes which can help with a fuller look - otherwise try not to use more than a 0.15 on a nl.

Your question is the same that everyone asks - how do i make look fuller!!! the answer is that you have to work off clients natural lashes and we must be safe.

However if you are new please take a look at this which may assist you help fast track your learning - http://eyelashexcellence.com/about-ltt/

Also check out my youtube tutorials xx

Thanks also for your reply as I really just needed some guidance :)

I just looked up express lashes and I see what you mean with the lack of gaps.

I actually bought mostly 0.15 so that's good but I don't have any flat lashes. Do you recommend a particular site? I buy from the eyelash emporium.... I presume you get the ones from the eyelash excellence site?

Off to watch your tutorials too.....

Hi Nicole,

It's nice to know we are trying to improve the same things :) it's feels like a long way to go!

I did some today and they were way too far away from the root so I really need to work on it asap. did you just take your time to get them closer?

Thanks so much for the video! That was a lot of help because the set today again were going off in their own directions and I swear I never had any guidance on that on my course. To be honest, I didn't have much help on the course and am finding so much more out by browsing on here.

How long is it taking you to do a full set?

Thanks so much for replying xx

same - ive only be doing it a little while and i just want to be good!
yeah, i just took my time to place them a bit closer and the set looked a lot better.
Frankie's videos are a nice supplement to training, i found them a few weeks ago.
I'm taking about 2.5 hours but my sets are only at most 3/4 full. My trainer wont give me a certificate until I do a full set to her standard so i really have to pick up speed and get more lashes on! i cant have people lying down for 3 hours lol!

Latest posts

Back