Lash extensions not full enough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie Lee Roche

Pin up Girl
Reaction score
Ok so I am having a hard time on achieving unlimited lashes within the two hour mark. I find that the lashes look scanty and my clients barely look like they have lashes on. I spent almost 4 hours on another client and it came out ok but I really want my clients to obtain a more fuller look. And I'm not talking Russian volume I know what that is. I just feel their lashes should look more fuller than when they came in. I use .15 d curl. Perhaps I should go up to a .20....or maybe I need to get a faster drying glue to cut my application time. Please any advice is appreciated. I am getting frustrated and feel as if I'm not doing a good job...(sad face)

Ok so I am having a hard time on achieving unlimited lashes within the two hour mark. I find that the lashes look scanty and my clients barely look like they have lashes on. I spent almost 4 hours on another client and it came out ok but I really want my clients to obtain a more fuller look. And I'm not talking Russian volume I know what that is. I just feel their lashes should look more fuller than when they came in. I use .15 d curl. Perhaps I should go up to a .20....or maybe I need to get a faster drying glue to cut my application time. Please any advice is appreciated. I am getting frustrated and feel as if I'm not doing a good job...(sad face)

hi my clients tend to pick C curl .20 it gives the look of mascara and in my opinion flirties ultra glue is fast drying and i have tried a few,,, also you dont say how long you have been doing lashies for as speed also comes with practice... there are also different ways to make lashies look fuller one is using more than one length lash making your longer lash the main one and adding a smaller one inbetween as a filler, if you go on youtube it would probably show this better than i can word it ,, good luck x

Ok, so first when you're finished are there a lot of natural lashes left without extensions on?
If yes then its your speed. If you've just started this is to be expected. Maybe give yourself longer for a while until you speed up.
Also worth noting that some people have so many natural lashes that you could sit there for 6 hours lashing them before you'd cover every lash so they wouldn't be counted in the above example.
If you've gotten every lash you can and they look sparse, unfortunately it may just be that you have unrealistic expectations for their lashes, some people have very little lashes and we can only put one lash on each of theirs (excluding volume), if they don't have a lot of lashes in the first place extensions aren't going to make a HUGE difference volume wise. Using a thicker lash can make them a little thicker but the main purpose would be for length. If they wanted a lot more volume they'd have to have Russian Volume lashes.

Ok, so first when you're finished are there a lot of natural lashes left without extensions on?
If yes then its your speed. If you've just started this is to be expected. Maybe give yourself longer for a while until you speed up.
Also worth noting that some people have so many natural lashes that you could sit there for 6 hours lashing them before you'd cover every lash so they wouldn't be counted in the above example.
If you've gotten every lash you can and they look sparse, unfortunately it may just be that you have unrealistic expectations for their lashes, some people have very little lashes and we can only put one lash on each of theirs (excluding volume), if they don't have a lot of lashes in the first place extensions aren't going to make a HUGE difference volume wise. Using a thicker lash can make them a little thicker but the main purpose would be for length. If they wanted a lot more volume they'd have to have Russian Volume lashes.
Thanks for your feedback ladies. I def think I need more practice. I haven't been lashing long. I will need to try a better glue (faster drying) and will practice more with my application.

Thanks for your feedback ladies. I def think I need more practice. I haven't been lashing long. I will need to try a better glue (faster drying) and will practice more with my application.
The longer the extensions the less full they will appear...if you want a fuller look, try going a bit shorter...
If you try a faster drying glue, just make sure your placement speed is good, fast drying glues will dry 1-3 seconds ...you can end up having the retention issues if you aren't placing fast enough because the glue is already partially dry by the time you place.

I'm really sorry to jump on your thread and if this is a stupid question.. But I have to ask someone! Are you covered by insurance if you use another glue that you are not trained with?

I'm really sorry to jump on your thread and if this is a stupid question.. But I have to ask someone! Are you covered by insurance if you use another glue that you are not trained with?
Check with your insurance, its good to be sure and that's the only way you will be totally sure. But when I signed up for insurance there was nothing that stated I needed to be specifically trained in any particular glue i used.

Latest posts

Back