Lash kit and advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyyxx

Reaction score
Hi geeks, hope I'm posting this right!!

I am new to lashes and was just wondering about what things I should include in my kit, especially with the actual lashes themselves as I do not have a huge variety in the kit I got with my training.

In my kit I got gel eye pads, tape, scissors to cut the tape, hand sanitizer, disinfectant solution for the tweezers, a pair of straight tweezers and a pair of curved tweezers, a jade stone, sensitive glue, glue remover, a beauty sponge to put the lashes on and magnifying glasses with a light on them. I also got 6 pots of lashes all b curl, 0.2 width and in lengths 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, 12mm, 13mm and 14mm.

I am thinking that I need other curls in those lengths and to also have thinner ones, would i be right in thinking this? and that with thinner lashes, to give more fullness you add some shorter lengths in between?

I have also been practising on family and friends but went to do someones lashes and she wanted a 14mm as she had them before but wanted thicker than 0.2… she said that width just falls off her eyelashes so she needs thicker than that… this didn't sound right to me as I thought 0.2 is a thicker width and if they were too thin it wouldn't mean they would just fall off would it?

any advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to lashes and as much as I love doing them, I still have so much more to learn!

B-Curl seems to be very popular so you have a good starting point and your range will extend with experience as it depends what your clients are looking for. The best way forward for you might be mixed trays as you get different lengths in one tray which means you can have different lash curls and thicknesses without having to carry huge amount of lashes with you.
You mention that you use tubs at the moment and i bet you will find the trays much easier as the single extensions are pre aligned on the strips which means they are much easier and quicker to pick.

The length and thickness to apply to your client depends very much how long and strong/ healthy the natural lashes of your client are as an extension which is too long and heavy could damage the natural lash.

I don't mind the actual picking up it is pretty easy but I think I will give the trays a go as they seem very popular :)

I am thinking about getting thinner ones as I haven't come across family or friends with thin lashes but I know it will happen when I have clients!

the place where I trained doesn't stock much so I think I will also have to look into a new brand

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back