Lash lift disaster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
Ive had a lash lift disaster this evening and now I feel pretty terrible about it. The lower lashes lifted slightly,i used a pad over the lower lashes but it must have lifted. I will use tape next time. When I removed the nourishing lotion the lashes looked perfect but after 10 minutes ( Idid her nails too) they were so lifted they were practically vertical and touching her eyelids. What would cause this? I tried only applying the perming solution to the base but her eyes were watering quite a lot. It's put me off if doing anymore! I use lash base products and have found them very good but am fairly new to lifting, this was around my 7th lift

I have curled the lower lashes by mistake before...I just permed the lower ones back down if you get what I mean...
As for the upper lashes they will relax after time but if the client isn't happy you should redo them but maybe leave it a week xx

I always use Vaseline on the bottom lashes as a barrier and I find this very effective . Don't give in even very experienced therapists have bad experiences [emoji4]

I always use Vaseline on the bottom lashes as a barrier and I find this very effective . Don't give in even very experienced therapists have bad experiences [emoji4]
Hello can I ask how you use the vaseline? Do you use a pad and vaseline the lashes instead of tape?xxx

Hi - make sure you're using the right size shield as well, if the lashes are touching the lids you might need to use a larger shield? I would also recommend that you continue to use the pad on the lower lashes and then use a little tape on any loose hairs and don't be afraid to check a few times during the early stages of the treatment that you haven't caught any lower lid lashes you can do this by gently separating the lids a small amount with your fingers, client shouldn't open their eyes - hope that helps xx

Thankyou for all of your feedback.
I had another 1 on Friday which went much better but I still felt the lashes were a little too curled if that makes sense. They almost look more like a perm.I used a medium shield and her lash's weren't particularly long. I was really careful to only apply the solution to the base and I left it for 12 minutes. I think I need to look at how I am positioning the shield. I try to go along lash line but maybe u need to go just above

Latest posts

Back