Lash lift reactions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryfrances

Reaction score
Hey, I carried out a lash lift on a client, patch test done for lift and tint then carried out 5 days later. Her eyes were very watery during the process and the next few days she said they felt a little sensitive. I week after her eyes flared up, was told just to take anti histamines by the doctor. Any advice to stop this happening again, she did say she is prone to eye infections and can’t really wear mascara but I thought with patch testing everything it would be ok. It’s the first time this had happened, should I have stayed away as she said she was sensitive? Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• DBB3B04A-430E-44E0-9537-16D1E8239DF3.jpeg
    DBB3B04A-430E-44E0-9537-16D1E8239DF3.jpeg
    669 KB · Views: 56
Does she normally have watery eyes? Watery eyes would be contradidicated for lash lift, as would any eye infections! And if she gets a lot I would imagine that's why she's having a reaction a week later, her eyes are very sensitive. It might. Be that his just isn't the treatment for her. But I would tell her I would be happy to book her in for it again, although she may end up with the same issue. And if she did, I wouldn't repeat lash lift again.

Does she normally have watery eyes? Watery eyes would be contradidicated for lash lift, as would any eye infections! And if she gets a lot I would imagine that's why she's having a reaction a week later, her eyes are very sensitive. It might. Be that his just isn't the treatment for her. But I would tell her I would be happy to book her in for it again, although she may end up with the same issue. And if she did, I wouldn't repeat lash lift again.
Thanks so much, yeh she didn’t tell me about watery eyes till it happened during treatment and also the same to prone to eye infections albeit she didn’t have any at the time. I appreciate your advice as I felt I had done something wrong. I have offered her just a last tint for the next time as she was loving the look of dark lashes

Don’t know if it’s helpful but I am allergic to lash tint but I do not react when I have a patch test. I guess the eye area is very sensitive anyway. Antihistamines and cold water compress is the right advice but also camomile tea bags on the eyes and eyebright which is a herbal medicine she can pick up in Neals yard shops. It will do away in about 10 days and obviously she shouldn’t have that treatment again

Latest posts

Back