Lash lift. Why are they messy/frazzled?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Sylk

Reaction score
I've seen my clients Lashes a few weeks later and their eyelashes have been very frazzled, or more so just messy, some bent up some fallen down and just basically look an absolute mess.

I'm wondering is it something I've done or is it something they've done?
I tell them not to wash them until the next day.
I only keep the salon system Lash lift on for the recommended time and I do tint afterwards when the mould is still on then use nourishing solution to release the Lashes from the mould and do leave them quite oily as I think it's nice to really nourish them after the chemicals.

It sounds like the perm lotion hasn't been removed completely before the setting lotion was applied meaning the hairs are not completely set. The cuticles on the hair shaft are opened up by the perm lotion and are closed in the shape of the roller by the setting lotion, all the hairs should be going in the same direction. Twirly or frazzled looking have not been processed correctly and have been left porous, hope that helps. X

It sounds like the perm lotion hasn't been removed completely before the setting lotion was applied meaning the hairs are not completely set. The cuticles on the hair shaft are opened up by the perm lotion and are closed in the shape of the roller by the setting lotion, all the hairs should be going in the same direction. Twirly or frazzled looking have not been processed correctly and have been left porous, hope that helps. X

I was going to say the same thing make sure you are thorough when removing the solutions x

Thank you. So even though the eyelashes look perfect straight and glossy when they leave over the course of the next 24 hours is that when they frazzle?

I agree with the removal of solutions.

I remove the excess perming lotion with a cotton bud before the lifting lotion is applied. I also use cotton wool and warm water and really clean the lashes to make sure everything is off.

Thank you. So even though the eyelashes look perfect straight and glossy when they leave over the course of the next 24 hours is that when they frazzle?

Yes, they will still be damp from tinting/removal etc when she leaves the salon and obviously settle as they dry.

I've seen my clients Lashes a few weeks later and their eyelashes have been very frazzled, or more so just messy, some bent up some fallen down and just basically look an absolute mess.

I'm wondering is it something I've done or is it something they've done?
I tell them not to wash them until the next day.
I only keep the salon system Lash lift on for the recommended time and I do tint afterwards when the mould is still on then use nourishing solution to release the Lashes from the mould and do leave them quite oily as I think it's nice to really nourish them after the chemicals.

Make sure you're not applying perming solution to the tips of the lashes... Ask your clients if they are conditioning their lashes too? That has a big effect on how the lashes turn out and change x

No I don't reply to the tips of the lashes and I know that can definitely frazzle them. Okay so I'm going to clean really really well and then apply the nourishing solution again afterwards x thanks x

I just ask how much you all charge for the Lash lift? Do you include a lash tint? I find the cleanup operation really messy when I include a lash tint x

I just ask how much you all charge for the Lash lift? Do you include a lash tint? I find the cleanup operation really messy when I include a lash tint x

£42 with lash tint inc

I only apply the solutions to the base of the lashes I apply with micro brushes and remove with a cotton wool stick when I tint I tint with the shields still on and remove all products at the end with water. Then apply the nourishing oil. I charge £35 in Manchester

No I don't reply to the tips of the lashes and I know that can definitely frazzle them. Okay so I'm going to clean really really well and then apply the nourishing solution again afterwards x thanks x

By nourishing you mean setting? Nourishing is the last step. X

I'm trying to think what they are called as they are always called something different it's the no.3 that's the oil you just coat on at the end

If referring to LVL Lash Lifting products these are in foil sachets:
No1 Lifting Balm
No2 Volumising Fix
No3 Moisturising Serum

You can retail the LVL Conditioning Serum for aftercare (same size as an average mascara with mascara brush)
x

Ok. Looking for help - any LVL trainers out there. I too have the odd person end up with lashes going off in the wrong direction. Id like to know if there is a definate reason this? I apply both 1/2 with microwands at the root only, remove with cotton buds, leave 1 on for 10/12 mins and 2 for 5 mins. I remove with nourishing lotion. Should I also give them a good clean them comb back into place? Im also conscious not to run 1/2 up the lash when removing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok. Looking for help - any LVL trainers out there. I too have the odd person end up with lashes going off in the wrong direction. Id like to know if there is a definate reason this? I apply both 1/2 with microwands at the root only, remove with cotton buds, leave 1 on for 10/12 mins and 2 for 5 mins. I remove with nourishing lotion. Should I also give them a good clean them comb back into place? Im also conscious not to run 1/2 up the lash when removing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You should give the LVL customer service team a call and they will put you in touch with a trainer straight away. I did this a couple days ago when I had some questions and they were so helpful and was much easier to be able to speak to someone rather than messaging back and forth. Hth xx

Hi, I seem to be having the same issue with my lashes. Was super careful when processing and 4 weeks later they seem to be a mess. Up until now they have been perfect. Could it be the lift is growing out on some now? Hence why they look messy? 😕

Latest posts

Back