Lash taping method, please explain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I read on here the other day about taping back a layer of lashes to get to the lower lashes easier and then releasing the tape and applying to them.
I went away to find a video of this as it sounds a great way to really get into the lashes, but to no avail.
Does anyone have a vid or could point me in the right direction-I had no luck with Youtube.
Thanks

Hello
I was taught this method with lash perfect. Its very hard to explain but here goes. You take your tweezers, i use my X type ones for this as they have the perfect point and you weave in and out of the lashes (a bit like a hairdresser weaves through hair when doing highlights) and you tape the lashes that are separated on the top of the tweezers back onto the eyelid with surgical tape. This holds the separated lashes in place perfectly allowing you to work on the ones left and when you are ready you can gently release the ones taped back and carry on. It makes isolating the lashes so much easier. I hope this makes sense its very hard to imagine without a picture. I will see if I can fine one for you if this would help? If not i will do it to my husband and make him pose for me so I can put a picture up.
Lee-Anne x

Thanks Lee-Anne that does create a good picture in my head, but is it not uncomfortable for the client and does it not put a crease in the lashes from where they have been taped up?
Im sure your hubby would love you if you made him do that lol
Thanks again

hi again
well i dont find that i need to do it with every client it really depends on their lashes, i really just use this technique when the client has got loads of lashes and isolating the lash is difficult just basicly because of the volume of lashes you are dealing with. i have had mine done with this method and i didnt find it uncomfortable. i try to take most of the stickyness off the tape before i tape them back and this helps when you release the lashes. it is a wee bit tricky to master but its a great help when you need it. as for my hubby, he is not best pleased with my sugestion, haha.
Lee-Anne

Latest posts

Back