Lashes not lasting. Product/prep advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorraineandmia

Reaction score
I realise there are other threads regarding lashes not lasting. However wanted advice on what im using to extend my ladies lashes wear time please...

Some have stayed on. The majority loose half their lashes within a week so its something im doing.

I try to use the appropriate thickness and I have been using C Curls. However I do realise I need to buy some b and j curls. I willnbe doing my 8th model today. Heres what I do.

Lashbase gel pads. Held in place with micropore.
I then prep with Eyelash Emporium Cleansing Preparation Pads. ( would a primer help? Ive read they can sting?)

I then make sure lashes are dry and curl them with heated curler.

I use lashbase Extreme Glue. I swipe the lash 2 times. Sometimes I can just sit the lash onto the donor lash as glue so quick drying. Sometimes it falls off the lash so im guessing not enough glue or glue has dried? I was using a longer setting glue but found it worse than the present one as the lashes were dancing and slipping about rather than curing.

I know I need to improve with holding the lash in place whilst it dries a bit as I do sometimes get stickies.

I was told in training not to use any longer extensions than half the natural lash again? Is this still too long

Im not using sealant. Does this help?

Any advice you can give to prolong the length of lashes would be appreciated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would stop using lashbase glue u shouldn't need 2 curl lashes either ? Best glue I have came across is either celebrity range ultra glue or the lash fx ultra glue I have a client that just get infills every 3-4 weeks she's had her lashes on 4 a few years now!

It's not a glue - I use lashbase and they last for weeks. I think the reason would be lashes - you're meant to use Cs on curly lashes so even if you curl straight ones they go back to natural shape within hours and it affects the bond. I know you can get away with Bs but on really straight ones I use only Js. Hth :)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Check the cleansing pass oil free as this will hinder the bond and I'd avoid curling the lashes beforehand.
If your clients lashes are extremely straight use a J curl.

For me half the natural length of the extension is too long, try a 3rd or even the same length for now.

x

I personally don't use a lash curler, maybe this is something to do with it? I've noticed you use it after your prep so could it possibly be placing some kind of oil/residue BACK on to the lashes after prep?

Also I double check that when the lash is stuck that it's stuck correctly at the base - this is something I found was causing mine to not last as long initially. If the very tip at the base of the lash isn't stuck then they flick off very easily. I hope this helps xx

Brilliant. Thank you so much ladies. Im desperate to find out why. So maybe the cleanser protein pads have oil in? Ive bought a primer as well to try help.

The longest ive ever used on any lady is .12 and she did have long lashes. The majority of ladies max ive gone to is .10 length. Do you hold the extension to the lash to measure?

I also wondered if it was my glue technique? Eg. Swiping it along lash and also how much im picking up. The extension doesnt appear to have too much excess on it. I read that Lashbase Extreme glue was good so thought id try as its a reputable make. Maybe I should try flirties

Oh. I want my lashes to last so much. They are all falling off. Its just they are loosing them at a faster rate than they should

What thickness of lash do you use? And how many sets have you done? I've found that it's just a matter of practice and trying out different products till you find what works for you xx

I have found the make
Remover wipes from celebrity range r good they also remove oil so the lashes r prepared :) I sweep the extension 3 times so it bonds 2 the natural lash I have tried a few glues and I have defo had better result payin out a little extra for a reli good glue :) I use mostly b's and c's always have and a .20 hope this helps it could possibly be just needin more practice :)

Hi I did my 10th model today. I used bs on her and they sat real well. I checked nmy eyelash emporium pads and they are definitely oil free. Ill stop curling. Im wondering whether I am not making sure the base is stuck. This could indeed be why they are flicking off. Today I used more glue too. Usually I dab off the little. Bulbs of glue on a pad before I swipe but today I dipped, slid it out of the glue and then went straight on to swipe the lash three times. This I think placed more glue along the lash

Thank you all so much

You don't really need to swipe the natural lash much. If you have a fast setting glue and you're spending too long swiping the natural lash the glue is going to start setting before it's adhered. The main thing you need to do is get the base of the extension stuck down. I use C curls on straight lashes all the time and they're always fine I just try and make sure it's bonded well by a couple of mm at the base of the extension. X

I trained in lashes last year (September time) with marvel lash. To be honest I wasn't impressed. The first set I did came off in a few days and the second and the third lasted about a week. I've been practicing on friends and family it they'd only looked good for a short time. I spoke to the educator and she said I was doing everything right and didn't know what was happening. I read up on here and thought primer? I wasn't taught to do that! After much research I invested in flirties glue/primer and lashes etc but I'm still not having much luck. They seem to last around 3-4 weeks. I don't know where I'm going wrong but I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this.... I seem to have an issue with the gel pads not really doing much but flapping around and end up getting parts of it glued to the lashes! :-S am I using too much glue? Why aren't the lashes lasting? I've had some people in asking about them and one lady for a wedding but I won't do them until I know they will last.

Here's what I do:
Ensure all make up is removed with non oily eye make up remover. Brush through the lashes and apply the primer.

Individually apply each lash with the 'strokes' and set it on the lash. Hold it for a few seconds then release and move to another area to allow the glue to dry without sticking to other lashes, although the lashes I've seen on here don't look much like mine.

I tell the client to rest for 5 mins at the end to allow to dry and give correct aftercare.

Can anyone help? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391293846.812869.jpg these are the most recent ones I did on my friend that lasted for 2 sets of 2weekly maintenance and then fell out :-(

Hi. Im new too of course. But I did a much better set yesterday with some bs. They were all individuals. No stickies. I think the lady is right. We might not be getting the base stuck down properly. Im going to address this with this weeks models.

Gel pads. Im using lashbase ones and find them ok. I cut the inner water line area as its always too thick and then tape a little to make sure they dont slip.

What glue are you using? I hope the ladies on here might be able to help you. I adore C curls so im hoping ill be able to master them

Ps. "87thepowderroom" you say yours last 3-4 weeks. Is that all of them falling out or just the need for an infill? As I thought that was the usual time for an infill anyhow? X

They usually last about 3 weeks maybe 4 so I get one set of maintenance in and then they just seem to drop out. I'm using the flirties brand now. Can anyone recommend a good under eye pad to use? I have seen one that looks like it's dry on the top and tacky on the underneath?

Hi. The lashbase ones are very moist. Maybe try them. I think Eyelash Emporium ones came out tops on the poll on here

Hi,
Does anyone recommend the ilash xflex lash glue??
Ellie

Latest posts

Back