Lashtopia eyelash extension system?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecatsmeow

Reaction score
Hi,

just wondered if anyone had tried Lashtopia eyelash extension system, they're based in Australia.

Came across their video recently on youtube...

Lashtopia - How to apply eyelash extensions - YouTube

Looks pretty interesting for cutting down time with application, but not sure if it's a fad, or indeed if there's anything else similar on the market that anyone has tried over in the UK.

I would welcome your thoughts.

:biggrin:

Hi,

I was wondering if you purchased this system after all or have you heard anything about how good the system is?.

I have been considering purchasing one but am concerned that it is a fad and not worth the money. Its hard to get a good idea of how it works as on the u tube video it look like it just takes the top layer (and longest ) of lashes. Its hard to find any other info on it apart from the company who sells it!!. In fact your question was the first link that I found that wasnt from the company that sells it! LOL.

Thanks

Hi,
no, I never got any further with this, and don't know any more about it either.
I got some price quotes from the company in Australia at the time, can't remember the prices now, but I felt that it was too expensive to take the chance so never ordered it.
I'd be interested to know more, if you ever find out.
Sorry I wasn't much help.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread just looked at video looks really good x

I don't get the tweezer thing! Reduces app time but u still need to spend time before setting them up! What tweezers are these that keep hold of the lashes like that?

they are the x-type tweezers. The work differently to normal tweezers...you press them together, and they release the lash, the opposite way to regular tweezers...
I wouldn't fancy setting them up though, but interested to see what peole think about the actual isolation system.

Last edited:
that looks very interesting..i was just on their facebook page. it looks like they are having problems replying to people. it would be cool to train with them.

Hi,

My friend and i both bought the lash separator kit and i have to say it has been a god sent for us. We bought one with the tweezers and one without. Once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy and the great thing is that i can isolate about 10 lashes in one go. I don't have to wear the magnifying glases anymore.I used to have a lot of problems with my back but not anymore.

You don't have to use the tweezers if you don't want to . I sometimes do and other times i just manually pick up the lashes. It has helped me alot. I would never go back to doing lashes the manual way again.:confused:

:?::?::?:

Hi,

I hope Lashes4days can give me some advice please!!!

I too have purchased this system. I didnt buy from the company i was lucky to get one second hand from Canada although it still cost alot of pennies! LOL

To be honest i cant get the hang of it. I dont know if im doing something wrong but i cant get the gadget to sit right at the eye. It doesnt sit right in at the inner eye so you have to isolate them as normal. The lashes also dont sit right on the white plate, they dont sit in the groves and they dont sit perfect like the way it is shown in the video. I also find that the lashes dont seem to attach properly at the base and i still am having to use 2 tweezers to apply while using the gadget, because of this I find it really footery (if this is a word) and most of the time i get frustrated with it and just take them off. I have started just tapping up lashes and extending the ones visable.

It also is not clear how to do the full set of lashes. It only shows you the isolation of the mature lashes on the video. I now asume that these are taped up once extended and then you follow the procedure again, seperating onto the plate, extending and then taping up to get the ones underneath and so on.

In some ways I wish i hadnt bought this and just stuck to the micro tape. Hope you can give me some good advice so as I can use this gadget properly. LOL

Hi,

My friend and i both bought the lash separator kit and i have to say it has been a god sent for us. We bought one with the tweezers and one without. Once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy and the great thing is that i can isolate about 10 lashes in one go. I don't have to wear the magnifying glases anymore.I used to have a lot of problems with my back but not anymore.

You don't have to use the tweezers if you don't want to . I sometimes do and other times i just manually pick up the lashes. It has helped me alot. I would never go back to doing lashes the manual way again.:confused:
Hi,

I too have purchased this system. I didnt buy from the company i was lucky to get one second hand from Canada although it still cost alot of pennies! LOL

To be honest i cant get the hang of it. I dont know if im doing something wrong but i cant get the gadget to sit right at the eye. It doesnt sit right in at the inner eye so you have to isolate them as normal. The lashes also dont sit right on the white plate, they dont sit in the groves and they dont sit perfect like the way it is shown in the video. I also find that the lashes dont seem to attach properly at the base and i still am having to use 2 tweezers to apply while using the gadget, because of this I find it really footery (if this is a word) and most of the time i get frustrated with it and just take them off. I have started just tapping up lashes and extending the ones visable.

It also is not clear how to do the full set of lashes. It only shows you the isolation of the mature lashes on the video. I now asume that these are taped up once extended and then you follow the procedure again, seperating onto the plate, extending and then taping up to get the ones underneath and so on.

In some ways I wish i hadnt bought this and just stuck to the micro tape. Hope you can give me some good advice so as I can use this gadget properly. LOL

Thanks

Hi,

Glad to help. Sorry for the late reply. i have not logged on for some time. here are some tips and pics given to me by the company that really helped me with this technique. It took my arund 2mths to get really good and fast with this toll. I could not live without it now. Also just to add with being able to do lashes faster and better using this we have increased our profits dramtically.

With the separator you need to make sure that you re balancing and placing the separators correctly. – Ensure that the bottom end of the separator is in line with the base of the nose and the other end is 2-3mm away from the client’s eye ( if it is too close it will make it difficult to attached the extension on properly as you need that gap to be able to attach them well at the base)

The jade stone should sit on top of the eye lid on the opposite eye or slightly above depending on the individual and where you need to sit the jade to balance. If it sits on the eye advise the client that the jade is promoting blood flow to the eye so they are also receiving a therapeutic treatment. (if the client moves or scratches their nose etc, you may need to reposition again).

If the separators are uncomfortable on the clients face this is because they have not been positioned properly.

Teasing lashes - Try breaking it into small sections and it does take some practice to get the hang of it. You can bend /curve the sectioning brush to accommodate to the section you are doing to get the best result in the teasing. Remember to brush it 3 to 4 times or until you can see the longest lashes sitting at the top of the brush.

Placing Lashes in minute slots - Once you have brushed the lashes onto the separator use a sharp tip tweezer to spread them and place/ move the lashes onto the slots. Sometimes it maybe 5 lashes or 7. Try and spread them as much as you can so that you can place the extension on them.

Hi,
There were a few threads about this. I purchased a kit from Cat & Co in Melbourne a few months ago. Once you get the hang of it, it is pretty good, however, you need to do the extensions from behind the head because the device blocks side application.
Like any new system - it takes some getting used to but once you get used to it it does save time.
Catriona from cat and co is very helpful and there's lots of information on using the kit.
It is excellent on thick lashes because you can divide them up more easily.
I have 2 kits and am selling one on ebay at the moment if you are interested. I bought one and got one for free!
Lotte

I'm having the same issues with there implement. And I am good at what I do. Such a shame. You can tell they don't believe in there product look at the video it's edited it's not the whole application.

Hi,

Latest posts

Back