Late for Work!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceana

Reaction score
Hey!

Share all your excuses (good and bad!!) for being late for work!!! (or not showing up at all)

Is this especially for me Clare? Your too kind.

Well went for quick drink with colleague after work, turned into too many as per. We missed our last train's home so we had to stay out as we couldn't afford cabs.....long story shorter we got ourselves a bed for the night at her Majesties pleasure, no not prison but her barracks down the road from her house. (I know how to get a room if anyone ever gets stuck) Got woken up at 6am to many men running round getting dressed. Had no idea how i was going to get home to get some clean clothes and be back at work by 9am. Plus the girl I was with had spent most of the night with her head round the u-bend of the loo. Called Clare and asked her to cover me, but made it back just after 9. Three trains and two tubes later I was ready for work and looking good!

Funny the things you can do on a budget.Lol!

Aaah the good old days hey Zo???

Come on now I KNOW you can do better than that!

You can do so much better than my feeble "I'm going to be late as I left my shoes at home and need to go and buy a new pair"

Well cant post some, but I can post the one where I went straight to work from Fabric (nightclub in London) as it was easier than getting cab, then getting up in the morning etc, etc. So I just left the club went to newlook bought a dress in the sale and hey presto, after a good hose down from Clare in the bathroom at work I was looking like a beauty! Dont think I was late, infact might have been a little early and eating a bacon and egg sandwich with red bull and pro plus on the door step.

I'm a fantastic fibber, they just come so easily! I have once said I had super glue put in the locks of my car and I couldn't get in to it to get to work! x x x

Called in sick saying I had terrible sickness and diarhoea......when in fact I was spending the day at the races.

Who was on the coach 2 rows behind me???

Boss and his wife.

Surely there are more of you who have some good stories to tell??!?!?

Don't know if this counts, but i did end up in the eye casualty as I thought I had a real complication with my eye after a cataract op (got hit in the eye with a hockey stick that caused it ... I'm not THAT old!). Anyway i didn't know what to say when the doctor asked why i had two contact lenses in one eye. What an idiot! I had put one in, forgot and then put the other in the same eye!

Oh and I hated my last job so much that one day I just didn't go in and told my boss on the phone how I hated her and hated my job and that I quit! She still made me work my months notice - COW!

Working from home makes it really hard to be late for work now!

Latest posts

Back