Latex gloves affecting Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a regular nail client who has had Gelish on every month for a year and 9 months. It always lasted her 2.5 / 3 weeks with occasional chip here and there but she knew why. The last 4 / 5 months it is only lasting her a week at the most. She says it just starts to lift then comes off in one piece. Not on any medication. I have LED lamp so bulbs no problem. Told her not to use creams 48 hrs before it done, tried doing 2 nails at a time etc. When I went last week she mentioned she wears latex gloves with cotton gloves over the top to do cleaning and gardening. She can have them on for hours and her hands are excessively sweaty afterwards and that she noticed the Gelish can start to lift slightly shortly after. Can the latex gloves be the cause?? Last week both thumbs and both little fingers were still perfect, just the other 6 fingers either totally off or really badly chipped. Sometimes they are all badly chipped. Really don't want to loose her as client. Any advice please? Xxx

I also have a client who is a carer. She was off work for a month or so with an injury and she started getting Shellac. It lasted well until she went back to work. It would chip within a week. She asked the question herself if having latex gloves on for long periods of time could affect her Shellac. I know your client has Gelish but it would be interesting to know if this could be a cause of service breakdown.

I wear latex gloves for most of the time in my day job. I don't get lifting but after about a week my shellac gets a yellow tinge to it.

I wear gloves when doing treatments because I've got dermatitis but my Gelish is always fine. I am just so stuck to what could be causing it to come off :(

If she is wearing latex gloves and gardening gloves over them then her hands must be sweating something terrible. This will cause moisture to get underneath and cause lifting. A couple of my clients have noticed this when wearing latex gloves and are aware that this has caused the problem rather than anything else.

I read somewhere recently, can't remember if it was on here or in my Bio Manual, that excessive wearing of rubber gloves could cause lifting!

Jo xx

Thank you! I am sure this must be it then x

Latest posts

Back