LCN colour gel or Shellac & Brisa?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelli1987

Never underestimate great customer service...
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking into LCN gels, I currently use gel polish & I must admit I'm not a huge fan, I find most colours although they look amazing most are so runny they just bleed over nail I have in all my different collections have about 3-4 colours I love because they are thicker, I've used shellac, opi gel color, Ibd & gellux and I find with all of them they are so watery & I have to put 3-4 very thin coats to avoid it running, I find with shellac it's not watery but not many people seem to get much wear out of it opi lasted on average 2-3 weeks on people but most people I put shellac on it was 1 week on average and it started coming off as most if my clients didn't like it I stopped using it.

It was 2 years ago that I used shellac so does anyone know if it's got any better have they made any improvements to their line?

I was thinking as I prefer thicker gels I was looking into the lcn colour gels in the pots has anyone got any experience with them? And what base gels & top coats do you use? They have so many different gels I'm a little confused.

My clients for extensions have acrylic, gel extensions are not popular in my area so I'm only looking for gels for colour on natural nails & a strengthener gel for weak natural nails under or over gel colours.

What would you say shellac & brisa or lcn?

Also I'd like to add I am doing full preps correctly as using products as advised in training courses I'm fully nvq qualified & I've been on 2-3 different gel polish training courses

I have both ranges:)
First off, let me explain about the colour gels in the pots. They are meant to be used With their hard gel line, so you would have to either sculpt/overlay/tip the nails and then use the colour gel.
If you are interested in a UV gel polish from LCN then they have the range, it's LCN Recolution UV gel polish. The consistency is much much thicker than any UV gel polish I have used and you practicaly can get away with one coat application and the nudes/pales have amazing coverage! It has its own base/top coat that makes it wear anywhere between 3-4 weeks. Removal is much harder than Shellac too. You have to break the seal and wrap the nails with LCN remover or pure acetone. After about 15 mins you can gently scrape the lifted chunks of colour. Some clients wear it so well that soaking can be a nightmare to be quite honest, in those cases you can file it off, gently with a 240 grit.
The difference between LCN Recolution and CND Shellac is drastic!
Once again though, LCN gel colours in the pots will not last on the natural nail on their own as they weren't designed for that.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your reply, I'm looking back into shellac. I've spoke to a few people who've said if a client isn't getting good wear on shellac alone by using Brisa smoothing gel it helps prolong shellac wear and adds strength. I am thinking that sounds good as I remember shellac texture & thickness was good and I love their colour range too.

Thank you for your reply, I'm looking back into shellac. I've spoke to a few people who've said if a client isn't getting good wear on shellac alone by using Brisa smoothing gel it helps prolong shellac wear and adds strength. I am thinking that sounds good as I remember shellac texture & thickness was good and I love their colour range too.

Exactly :)
Brisa Smoothing is lovely to use, soaks off easily and greatly prolongs Shellac!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back