LCN gel: problems doing a French!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy4nails

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

im a newbie to this site so hope i can get some handy tips as ive searched for LCN related threads but to no avail.
I've been using LCN for about 3 yrs and most clients that i have had in the past wanted coloured gel so I didnt have any problems there..but when i do a french, it looks horrible!! I have a few questions if anyone can answer..
1) When doing French from scratch, should i put the white colour BEFORE the gel and then buff to final shape or shld it be done OVER the gel?

2) Do i cap the free edge from the beginning of the procedure to the end? eg..i use a primer, then base coat and in uv light for 2 mins, then either the french white or gel (depending on my 1st question). After gel, i buff to shape and then seal with ultra shine. When i do a French, the white doesnt seem to stay on the free edge and you can see the gel where the colour is supposed to be.

I did it on a client last wk and luckily she was fine about it and told me to touch it up with a white manicure instead of the gel which of course was embarrassing as i shld have done a better job! :(

Hope i can get some advice from any LCN users out there coz im starting to feel that i am a rubbish tech:cry:

thanks in advance

In uv gel market u can find 2 types of white gel for french. One is sticky and looks more like colour gel. Another texture is more like paint. First type of gel at free edge will looks like you wish to look it. Another like nail polish ( i think you use that one), but plus is that it is so bright and you can draw it easy! Smile like looks perfect! My clients also didint like it first, but i explained that its should to be that! Now i use both of them, depents of client.:o

I am a LCN user I use 3# white if they want sparkle french Orchard white and ultra white all are 3D gels. I do not use a primer I spray nail to dehydrate then I use bonder gel cure I then start at smile line do my white gel cure then I use builder gel over nail bed create C curve and stress point cure then I file and use shine gel and cure I have never had a problem ever I love the 3D gel its nice and thick creates a perfect smile line

thanks guys for the info, i dont have the bonder gel, i have the primer and base coat, nor do i have the 3d white, just the white color gel. I just seem to get the free edge showing with gel and not the white! I guess i should practice, practice, practice!

I am just starting with the LCN brand since our salon is switching to this brand but we have a class with an LCN trainer. We did just a basic class though but I hope it could help. We worked with forms and with tips (natural) as well. Not a big difference though. We used the base coat (3 % acid one...) on the natural nail, cured it for 2 min., then the white sculpture (we used the sculpting F gel) or white gel on the tip, thick layer, very thick, created a nice smile line, cured it for 2 min., then the clear sculpting gel on the natural nail and also a bit over the white but just make the surface even. Cured for 2 min., remove the tacky residue, file and shape the nail, remove dust and then sealer, not too little, if it is too thin, it does not cure too well and you will have empty spots. And after curing 2 min. you wipe it and that's it. White was nice, not too bright but definitely nice even layer, no marks. HTH, Linda

Latest posts

Back