le chat question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question. I've been using lechat nobility mostly with success. However I have had a few issues with the french. i've made sure my bulbs are all new and fine in my lamp. Not sure if these are teething problems and have already asked angelfingers questions.

My problem is that sometimes the french (ballerina pink and the white) stays on perfectly, other times it lifts of after a week. I feel like I'm prepping nails properly, pushing back cuticles, buffing off the shine, cleansing; curing each layer for 2 min, doing 1 or 2 nails at a time and freezing them. I put 1 coat of clear, cure 2 min. 1 coat pink, cure. 2nd coat pink if needed, cure. white on free edge cure 2 min. I also am careful to cap free edges. then finish with coat of clear, cure 2 min.

I find that when I use the bottle of final coat its harder to soak off, even when I buff this layer off. (thats a separate question!)

What am i doing wrong? I'm very frustrated. Any tips would help thanks!!!!!

Terri

Hi all,

I have a question. I've been using lechat nobility mostly with success. However I have had a few issues with the french. i've made sure my bulbs are all new and fine in my lamp. Not sure if these are teething problems and have already asked angelfingers questions.

My problem is that sometimes the french (ballerina pink and the white) stays on perfectly, other times it lifts of after a week. Is this on the same client or different clients? as some clients nails require a more thorough preparation and are not "as easy" to do. I feel like I'm prepping nails properly- Proper prep is remove cuticle ( the non living tissue that is shed from the underside of the eponychium fold that tightly attaches to the nail plate. Remove shine, double check the cuticle line and the lateral folds then make sure the nail plate layers re cleansed, free of dust and dry., pushing back cuticles, buffing off the shine, cleansing; curing each layer for 2 min, doing 1 or 2 nails at a time and freezing them. I put 1 coat of clear, cure 2 min. 1 coat pink, cure. 2nd coat pink if needed, cure. white on free edge cure 2 min. I also am careful to cap free edges. then finish with coat of clear, cure 2 min.

I find that when I use the bottle of final coat its harder to soak off, even when I buff this layer off. (thats a separate question!)

What am i doing wrong? I'm very frustrated. Any tips would help thanks!!!!!

Terri

Hi Terri, I am not a le chat user, however you have not mentioned a primer, does le chat have a primer or bonder that is required before your first coat of gel? Also make sure your first coat of gel is "worked in" well and is thin.
HTH

Terri, i know where you are coming from! It's very frustrating I know. I have found problems with the same colours you mentioned. I am presuming it is just teething problems and with enough practice things will fall into place. I just want to do it perfectly NOW! (lol)

Of the nails that I did on my hands I found the ones that lifted (at the free edge) were the once used most, i.e. index and middle. The others did seem to last very well so I know the product is good.

My next step is to try making the white really thin and do 2 (thin) coats rather than one thick one. I may also try another coloured gel, i.e. a dark one. I did order the Sweet Truffle and it lasted well compared with the french, prob is I really don't like the colour!

I am hoping someone can recommend a nice deep rich wine colour now that they have added more choice?

Good luck!

Thanks Andrea, yes I do prep the nails like you described. And I do use the bonder for the lechat nobility as well.

I do think I will focus on 2 thin coats of white at the tip instead of 1 thicker one.

THanks for your help ladies! Would welcome anymore.....

Terri

I am hoping someone can recommend a nice deep rich wine colour now that they have added more choice?

Good luck![/quote]

Hi

The new Nobility colour gels are gorgeous, they have a nice deep wine colour called Wine Tasting it is very popular at the moment with my ladies.

hth
Sue x

Thanks Sue, wine tasting it is then! x

Latest posts

Back