Leaflet drop

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raw-beauty

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how much would cost for leaflet drop? thanks very much:hug:

do you mean to get them printed? well it depends on how many you have, the size they are and whether they are in colour or not. I get 2000, a5 leaflets in black and white for 24 quid.

Kadie, thanks for your reply, but I meant how much would cost to hire a company/someone to drop your leaflets for you?:rolleyes:

Contact your local paper hun and get a price from them.
Or ask a neighbour who has kids if they'd be willing to do it for some pocket money.

I have some companies that would like to do for me, but not sure about the prices they offered are good or not, what's the norm people would pay?

I don't know about prices for paying companies to deliver them but I agree with the suggestion of using teenagers. They're cheap, want the money and have the energy!! Being a mum of teenagers when I get around to doing leaflets I'll be paying them!!

Are you not in a position to deliver them yourself even? Sunday afternoon or something?

With the greatest of respects i wouldn't pay anyone.

I would do it myself,then any buisness i get from the drop is mine,and not what i owe to someone else,plus it's exersise lol x

I agree with Becki, I would do it myself. When I have done them in the past I have often bumped into people as Im walking up their drive, its nice to have a little chat with them and they feel better about calling you as they know your face.:)

well... I havent got the time to do it, and have to make sure they are delivered, so think better of hire a professional company.

my local newsagents does it and they charge 30 quid. However, they put them inside the papers so ppl might just throw them away.

do it yourself if you are able to then you will know that they got delivered and not dumped in some bin down the road xx

i do them myslef that way i know they have definately gone through the letterbox and not got 'lost' en route!
put on the ipod - nice walk! xx

my local newsagents does it and they charge 30 quid. However, they put them inside the papers so ppl might just throw them away.

Thanks, could you please tell me £30 for how many copies?

You need to consider how many you are wishing to have distributed.

If it's a few hundred, then your local paper/newsagent can probably do that by designated (by you) postcode area.

If there are a few thousand then, the same as above really.
Your cost is based on - 'Cost per Thousand', so for example if they charge £25 per thousand, then 500 would be approx £12.50, or they may load the price as it's less than 1K.
Also, it would be best to ring around your local papers, as each can cover different areas too and the charges may vary.
Be aware that if leaflets are dropped in a city centre area, you are more likely to get alot of wastage as they will be going through shop doors & offices, for which the cleaner/caretaker will just bin them.
Your best bet is to go for the residential.
Having said all that - it also depends on your 'Target Audience' and what your leaflet represents/sells. So you need to ensure that it will reach your correct audience for your products/services.

I'm sorry to go on & I hope that makes sense!

I spent 20 years in advertising , which is where I get my knowledge of this from hun xxx

You need to consider how many you are wishing to have distributed.

If it's a few hundred, then your local paper/newsagent can probably do that by designated (by you) postcode area.

If there are a few thousand then, the same as above really.
Your cost is based on - 'Cost per Thousand', so for example if they charge £25 per thousand, then 500 would be approx £12.50, or they may load the price as it's less than 1K.
Also, it would be best to ring around your local papers, as each can cover different areas too and the charges may vary.
Be aware that if leaflets are dropped in a city centre area, you are more likely to get alot of wastage as they will be going through shop doors & offices, for which the cleaner/caretaker will just bin them.
Your best bet is to go for the residential.
Having said all that - it also depends on your 'Target Audience' and what your leaflet represents/sells. So you need to ensure that it will reach your correct audience for your products/services.

I'm sorry to go on & I hope that makes sense!

I spent 20 years in advertising , which is where I get my knowledge of this from hun xxx

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge hun, much appreciated. :hug:

Not a problem xxx

Just hope it made sense. Feel free to pm me if you wish to discuss it further xx

i am lucky enough to work in a printing college so i can get all sorts of things printed free of charge or for next to nothing

i would always deliver my leaflets myself just to be on the safe side and also b cos i am lazy so the exercise would be good for me

Latest posts

Back