Leaflets with my pictures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsByAgnes

Reaction score
Hi, need a bit of advise- salon i used to work at (as self-employed) still after about 6 months since ive left uses leaflets with my pictures printed with my prices (one side got nails and other hair prices). when i was living i ask them to stop using my pictures, obviously they didnt listen, they have got a chinese girl now in salon that only uses natural and white tips, so it kind of gets on my nerves that they attracted her customers with my art work, which includes 3d, colour acrylics, and sculpted nails :(

what else can i do?

Can you speak to your insurers, as usually your subscription gives you access to a legal team who may be able to advise you.

Someone else may come along in a minute who actually KNOWS the answer.

Jacqui xx

OH thanks, never thought about it !

I would have thought, being your work that the pics are classed as your intellectual property? Definitely speak with your insurers legal team for advice xxx

A couple of years ago somebody used the exact layout of my leaflet including the borders and fonts, she just changed the colour.

I went to the lady's salon which was based within a hairdressers and asked to speak to her.

They told me she had left the previous week to run a burger van!!!!

That told me everything about the person really lol.

But seriously it icannot be legal for them to continue advertising your work without your continued permission when you no longer work there.

I would not let this go.

Jacqui xx

I wouldnt now oh nooo...its been too long as well, and they got like 10 000 leaflets printed :(

Well hopefully they will have to withdraw and destroy them.

Please let us know how you get on with this issue my lovely, I'm seriously irritated on your behalf lol.

Jacqui xx

one of my clients advised me traiding standards agency as she said its false advertising too, well will try to find out tomz x

It's copyright infringement. Completely illegal.

Speak with your insurance company. If they're no help, go to the old salon and ask them to stop. If they don't, threaten legal action.

Technically you would be awarded damages including any profit they made from your false advertising of your work.

Think about it - home building companies don't distribute pictures of homes built by other companies. Same thing.

I've asked them abour 6 months ago, when i was leaving and then just forgott about all thing UNTIL today, when i saw in one of fish places in city centre their pricelist with my photos on :( !!!! they are very cheeky and nasty people so dont really want any personal contact with them ever

Latest posts

Back