LeChat application & removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoSu

Reaction score
I had a client in 4 weeks ago and she wanted pink, sparkly nails so I used my brand new LeChat gel polish in Promiscuous and 40Days in Rio.

I found that after two coats of Promiscuous, it was shrinking away from the free edge having been cured, and had to try to cap it yet a third time! To be honest, the tips still looked 'washed out' and not vibrant as I would expect but my client was happy with them so I then applied two coats of 40 Days in Rio (Glitter coats), then top coat.

So altogether, 6 coats (with a seventh on the free edge). She came back at the weekend to have them removed, alot of the free edges/tips had chipped however the polish was still there.....BUT the removal was a nightmare!!:irked:

I'm soooo glad she was my last client as it took 1.5 hours to get all traces of polish completely off!!! I lightly buffed the top coat before soaking in Shellac removal wraps with CND Nourishing Remover. I removed them after 15 minutes and not a bit would come off. Had to reapply with new wraps/remover and eventually popped her hands into heated mitts!! Even then they were stubborn and ended up buffing away the last few layers.

Please tell me there is an easier way to remove LeChat than this?? Could just be that there were 6 coats of product? Any advice on the best means of removal from those of you who have LeChat? Also, do you have problems with shrinkage at the free edge?

I noticed a lot of shrinking but I did my own nails pretty quickly and not thoroughly. I haven't offered this to my clients yet though.
I remember I had 4 layers and they came off nicely after breaking the top coat seal (scratching over the gel)...
Sorry I can't help further!
X

I don't use Le Chat polishes but I personally don't find the CND nourishing remover better than D Sperse (if you don't have that Acetone will work). Although the nourishing remover is really kind to nails I find it takes longer to remove. I use a drop of solar oil on the cuticle followed by cotton wool soaked in D Sperse with a pro tip clip, works a treat. HTH x

Latest posts

Back