LED lamps and different brand gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmberlei

Reaction score
Hi

right a skyled LCN lamp but I'm now converting toYoung Nails. Will it cute The Young Nails gel? Are all LED lamps The same???

Cheers!

I only ask as Beauty Concepts had one for sale in the morning with money off.... Anyone??? :)

I only ask as Beauty Concepts had one for sale in the morning with money off.... Anyone??? :)

Contact Youn Nails. Always use the lamp advised by the product you work with.

Sorry I have just tread my post and must apologist for the bad predictive text!!!
It should read that I want to buy a LED lamp and beauty concepts have one in their sale in the morning, does this LED lamp cure Young Nails gel and others brands??? It's the styled one.....

Contact Youn Nails. Always use the lamp advised by the product you work with.

but I wondered if any one knew? Most companies want to sell their own and I want am unbiased opinion as surely aren't they all the same?

but I wondered if any one knew? Most companies want to sell their own and I want am unbiased opinion as surely aren't they all the same?

No they are not all the same!
UV light comes in different frequencies, i cannot explain this in English, only in Dutch, but please, before you invest, do some research. You can start with Doug Schoon, he can explain this way better than i can in English ;-)

I will look at that later, I was hoping someone actually had any experience with the lamp and various gels?

I will look at that later, I was hoping someone actually had any experience with the lamp and various gels?

That's my point, no matter 'the experience' we, nailtechs can NOT know if a product is 100% cured. As sone as the product is >50% cured, it apears hard and fine to the human eye :irked: But in the long run, it can/will create overexposure for you clients. These things are testet in laboatoria around the world by scientest payed by big company's to do nothing else then test and refine their products... who are we to decide to use another lamp because it's smaller, nicer, newer or cheaper....

Thanks but I don't need to read that, I have already. Yes or no would have been adequate. I have trained with various providers and a friend has confirmed, who by the way has also trained with cnd has said they're fine cause she uses them. It's not like I'm liking for bargain basement items, LCN is more than a reputable company and repeating about what I need to learn doesn't answer the question. Some products are made by the same company, not that I'm suggesting this is, and then labelled with their brand name, I was asking that's all. Thanks guys. Post closed from me as I have the answer.

Do you mean this light:

BCI TRADE : LCN & Biodroga Beauty Products

?

It is very strangely designed - looks positively uncomfortable?

It's v slow with 60/90 sec cure times & low wattage - only 20w. So no, it's a rubbish light & it won't cure much of anything.

It's a bit silly to say "aren't all Led's the same". No product has the same performance when comparing the cheapest version to the higher end models. This applies in any industry whether a car, hairdryer or nail lamp.

Gel products set under UVA light. Uva wavelengths are found at the frequency range 320 - 400 nms (nanometers). Traditional UV lamps emit the full range of UVA wavelengths. LED lamps do not - their bulbs produce a more focused UVA output & the wavelengths emitted vary from light to light.

So buying the correct light is crucial as Conny has already explained to you.

You should really take 20mins to research the science behind your business. It's quite important & your clients will expect you to know what you're talking about.

Thanks but I don't need to read that, I have already. Yes or no would have been adequate. I have trained with various providers and a friend has confirmed, who by the way has also trained with cnd has said they're fine cause she uses them. It's not like I'm liking for bargain basement items, LCN is more than a reputable company and repeating about what I need to learn doesn't answer the question. Some products are made by the same company, not that I'm suggesting this is, and then labelled with their brand name, I was asking that's all. Thanks guys. Post closed from me as I have the answer.

Whoa!!!

How about some grace when responding to those trying to help you.

Do you mean this light:

BCI TRADE : LCN & Biodroga Beauty Products

?

It is very strangely designed - looks positively uncomfortable?

It's v slow with 60/90 sec cure times & low wattage - only 20w. So no, it's a rubbish light & it won't cure much of anything.

It's a bit silly to say "aren't all Led's the same". No product has the same performance when comparing the cheapest version to the higher end models. This applies in any industry whether a car, hairdryer or nail lamp.

Gel products set under UVA light. Uva wavelengths are found at the frequency range 320 - 400 nms (nanometers). Traditional UV lamps emit the full range of UVA wavelengths. LED lamps do not - their bulbs produce a more focused UVA output & the wavelengths emitted vary from light to light.

So buying the correct light is crucial as Conny has already explained to you.

You should really take 20mins to research the science behind your business. It's quite important & your clients will expect you to know what you're talking about.

You will note that as far as the OP is concerned this thread is closed ... she has a friend who has told her it's ok.!!:|

Last edited:
You will note that as far as the OP is concerned this thread is closed ... she has a friend who has told her it's ok. :|

I noticed right after posting - her post 8:04, mine 8:05 so didn't see it :)

I probably would have posted anyway though as her lack of manners & basic knowledge irked me :lol:

If any of us had responded in such a rude and arrogant manner then we'd be jumped on for being SG bullies blah blah.
You really cannot win.

If any of us had responded in such a rude and arrogant manner then we'd be jumped on for being SG bullies blah blah.
You really cannot win.

I know, but it's stronger then me .
How on earth are there still 'nailtech's' who are not aware of what uv-light is, how it works and why we must use the UV-lamp adviced by the brand we use....

All other stupidities i can ignore.... but when it comes to UV-lamps or LED's..... :lick:

No it will not. Young nails gels are not curable with an LED light, only their mani Q gels are curable with LED.

No it will not. Young nails gels are not curable with an LED light, only their mani Q gels are curable with LED.

The advice I got direct from Young Nails (US) was that all their gels except base and finish gel are LED curable but they only advised curing their white sculpting gel with LED as it was on the free edge , the others could burn the nail plate because of the fast curing time ..They didn't mention applying the gel thinner to avoid this , just not to it.

Latest posts

Back