LED or UV Lamp?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diddy_emma

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm going to be adding Gelish nails to my current offerings as a nail tech! I'm super excited!!
Whilst I was doing my gel polish training, my educator let me use both LED and UV lamps........Whilst the LED was faster I shall only be offering this treatment from home and so won't be doing hour after hour of Gelish nails.

Do I invest in the LED or should I just go for UV as I'm just starting out?

Any advice from you lovely lot would be greatly appreciated :Love:

I bought a cheapo LED lamp just for me (I use Gelicure) and it is quicker. It's good for nail art, if you just want to set something quickly before doing a full cure it's 10 seconds! I haven't got enough clients yet to justify buying the proper Nubar LED lamp, it's quite pricey.

If you don't do much nail art or are not doing nails all day long then really it might not be worth the expense yet.

Thanks hun!

That's what I was thinking, I don't want to spend £300 on an all singing all dancing lamp if I can't justify the use.

I think I will go with my gut instinct and buy the LED though, they just seem so much better :biggrin:

Thank you! xx

If you can afford it, I would go for LED. Whilst you may save money money buying the UV one now, you'll probably still want the LED one and will end up buying at a later date.

Which lamp have you decided on Hun I'm looking to invest in led and can't justify the harmony one just yet x

I'm looking for help too on which one to buy? There are some LED ones quite cheap under £100 on amazon but are these the right ones?

I'm looking for help too on which one to buy? There are some LED ones quite cheap under £100 on amazon but are these the right ones?

Salons direct! Has a good range of lamps but I suppose it depends on what product line you are using,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back