LED UV lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkiguthrie

Reaction score
Hiya,
So sorry if this has already been discussed, but just wondering if you can get LED lamps AND LED UV lamps? Or are they all LED UV?
And are they all the same in tems of power? eg 9W or 36W when using UV?
Been reading up on them and some say they are LED UV, others just say LED.
Do you know if the LED UV lamps cure any gel, or if its only special gel products that it will cure?
Sorry for all the questions. Been reading a few threads on here and just need to clarify if I am getting the wrong end of the stick and there is in actual fact only one type of LED lamp!
Thanks
xx

Do you know if the LED UV lamps cure any gel, or if its only special gel products that it will cure?
xx

ah ok, so it's only special gels it will cure. Just found a thread answering this one!
xx

Hiya,
So sorry if this has already been discussed, but just wondering if you can get LED lamps AND LED UV lamps? Or are they all LED UV?
And are they all the same in tems of power? eg 9W or 36W when using UV?
Been reading up on them and some say they are LED UV, others just say LED.
Sorry for all the questions. Been reading a few threads on here and just need to clarify if I am getting the wrong end of the stick and there is in actual fact only one type of LED lamp!
Thanks
xx

I would say LED UV lamp is just reffering to the fact that it uses LED bulbs to provide the UV light. I havent found anything about one that uses conventional UV bulbs and LED bulbs.

Yes, only gels formulated to work with an LED curing lamp will work...... its mostly the soak off gel polishes at the moment. But i'm sure as time passes, if the LED lamps prove popular, many more will start using the same technology :hug:

HARMONY makes a gel called "REVEAL"and it can be cured in a LED light or in a UV light. This is a very nice gel, very similar in consistency to the Brisa gels. I picked up a Master kit for around 100.00. It is very good value for your buck. Right now LED lights are very expensive and new. I would wait for more companies to come out with the technology and I'm sure there will be improvements and the price will be more affordable. By the way, HARMONY also makes a soak off gel called GELOUSY which can also be cured in a LED and a UV light. I have tried the HARMONY LED light and I have to say that it is neat!
HTH

Oh speaking about HARMONY, you will love the CLEAR forms they have. They are the bomb!!!

Latest posts

Back