Left handed and general scissor advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMissG

Reaction score
I have searched the forums but still have some questions if you guys wouldn't mind taking a look...

I've just qualified L2 doing level 3 in September and want to get a decent, left handed pair of scissors. I can't really afford more that £80 ish, I've seen some online for about that price but I'm still not sure - do I want offset ones? What's the point? my old ones are offset and they are ok should I not bother with straight ones? Also, how do you know how big you want them? Ones of the girls at my college said you measure them on your hand? Sorry, one last question - I'm going to salon international this October, should I wait to get them there or will they all be mega expensive ones I can't afford?

Thanks sorry for being long winded!!!

Hi lovely if I was you I would wait till October. You want to be able to feel and try them because as daft as it sounds there your main tool and you could order some and they might just not be you! So go and try some differnet ones/sizes and get a feel for them. That would be my personal advice X

Brilliant, thanks for your reply. It's my first time going to salon international- I'm so excited!!

Firstly, congratulations with your L2 and good luck with L3! As Lizzy said Salon International will be the perfect place to buy quality scissors.

Don't worry about prices! All career levels are covered, from beginners looking to buy their first pair, to the most elite stylists looking for the final piece of their jigsaw.
The difference between classic and offset handles? Offset handles are a lot more ergonomic and reduce the risk of RSI, among other things. How? Ask when you're at Salon International! It's a great chance to learn from people who are super passionate about scissors.

We'll be there for our 43rd year in a row, selling Jaguar & Tondeo scissors, so definitely drop by and check out what we have to offer!
I hope your first Salon International will be as memorable as mine was :)

Some great advice here! I will wait and see, thanks very much for the replies and explanations they are really appreciated. x

Latest posts

Back