Left my gel remover wraps in car!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeRose

Reaction score
Help I’ve stupidly left my brand new gel removed wraps in the car and they’ve all popped out the box and puffed up... (pic inserted), just wondered if they’re still safe to use or if they’ll even work? Annoyed as they were a brand new box[emoji51][emoji51] tia x
e4f2a539b3d787a7dc1baea0a4e62511.jpg
4aa0209e05577d597da47c7e19170e11.jpg

No idea, never seen them before, I suspect they've dried up in the heat, but the packets are sealed so they may be OK. Open one and find out! :eek:

Why not leave them in a cool place to see if they "deflate!" When they cool down, then open one up to see if it's still moist? I've never used them so I can't be sure, but I'm guessing they're pads soaked in acetone? As acetone removes gel best when warmed up, I can't see that it will have deteriorated in the heat and if the pouches are still sealed, hopefully they haven't dried up!

No idea, never seen them before, I suspect they've dried up in the heat, but the packets are sealed so they may be OK. Open one and find out! :eek:

Thank u I opened one up and still moist to my surprise! Panic over!

Why not leave them in a cool place to see if they "deflate!" When they cool down, then open one up to see if it's still moist? I've never used them so I can't be sure, but I'm guessing they're pads soaked in acetone? As acetone removes gel best when warmed up, I can't see that it will have deteriorated in the heat and if the pouches are still sealed, hopefully they haven't dried up!

Thank u I’ve let them cool and all good still moist! Thanks for ur help

AimeeRose, how frustrating for you Eeekk. You could gel your nail and then try one? Hope they work for you :)

AimeeRose, how frustrating for you Eeekk. You could gel your nail and then try one? Hope they work for you :)

Thank u x

I think the acetone has evaporated which caused the wraps to bloat and expand, so my suspicion is they would be either dry or mostly dry.

Latest posts

Back