Leg results gone back to beginning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hctinks

Reaction score
Hello!

I started waxing a clients half leg towards the end of last year. I explained it takes a few waxes to get great results, but by wax 3 or 4 they were super smooth and amazing!

By wax 5, and now 6 (did today) they’re worse than ever. Lots of ingrowns and painful regrowth.

She said that when she exfoliates (dry brush) it stings and her legs get excruciatingly itchy.

It’s so strange as they were perfect before and now they’ve gone to being even worse than ever.

I said to exfoliate with a sugar scrub instead but only once a week, up the moisturising and completely stay away from tight clothing.

Is there anything else I can do, or should/shouldn’t be doing? I’m just so puzzled as to why they’ve come out like this!!

Thanks in advance xo

I wonder if she is being over aggressive with her dry brushing and weekly exfoliating?
I think I would say to her to stop exfoliating completely and to just use a soothing and hydrating moisturiser for a couple of months.

I have asked and she says she only goes over once against the hair growth? I did think this myself!
I’ll tell her to hold off thn and see how she gets on. Thank you for replying x

Maybe the direction of waxing is wrong? When i pull my hair against the right direction, the hair regrowth is smooth but if it's in the wrong direction, the hair growth is coarse

It sounds like over zealous exfoliation to me, if she is too rough it scratches the healthy skin and as the that skin heals it can cause micro scabs that will stop the hair from growing through.

I would tell her to stop exfoliating for a week or two and see if that helps her, and also advise lots of mosituiser as it sounds like her skin is also quite dry.

One of the reasons clients over exfoliate their skin is because they are too rough initially and scratch the skin, which can make the skin feel dry and tight. They mistake this dry and tight feeling as meaning they haven't exfoliated enough so go harder and harder with every go. I've had clients literally take the skin of their shins from exfoliating so hard, advise clients that the product should do all the work, and the amount of pressure they use should be no more that the pressure they use to apply moisturiser

It sounds like over zealous exfoliation to me, if she is too rough it scratches the healthy skin and as the that skin heals it can cause micro scabs that will stop the hair from growing through.

I would tell her to stop exfoliating for a week or two and see if that helps her, and also advise lots of mosituiser as it sounds like her skin is also quite dry.

One of the reasons clients over exfoliate their skin is because they are too rough initially and scratch the skin, which can make the skin feel dry and tight. They mistake this dry and tight feeling as meaning they haven't exfoliated enough so go harder and harder with every go. I've had clients literally take the skin of their shins from exfoliating so hard, advise clients that the product should do all the work, and the amount of pressure they use should be no more that the pressure they use to apply moisturiser

Ah that’s indredible thank you so much!!

I think she must have been close to exfoliating away far too much skin as she felt so much pain after showering. I’ll tell her to hold off for a while and go mad with the moisturising!! Thanks so much again, so in depth xx

Latest posts

Back