Legal requirements home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacey118

Reaction score
Hi,

I am just finishing up training as a nail tech, will also be training to do lash extensions and tinting. I am looking at converting my garage to carry these services out. I am struggling to find out the legal requirements of what i need in the garage. I get that i will need all the furniture, follow health and safety etc. My question is do i need a sink in there with running water? could i get away with a water dispenser? and is there anything else along these lines i may need?

Thanks to all who reply xx

You need to contact uour6local Council for their requirements, they are all different so you'll have to check with yours specifically for their requirement. You will also have to apply for planning permission to convert your garage,cand pay Business Rates on the proportion of the property the former garage occupied.

I think the initial steps would be speaking the council about requirements. You'll at minimum probably need planning permission, then permission from the council to run a business from home, then permission from your landlord/mortgage company to run a business from home (a lot of mortgage companies don't allow it, mine doesn't) and then your standard insurances etc.

Latest posts

Back