lets look beautiful.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeKay

Reaction score
Afternoon All

Has anyone had any dealings with the above site?

I've just had a very long call from a company called Market Street, to entice me to join the lets look beautiful.com site with their "premier deal".
So although the site lets you list for free, they want a set up fee and monthy fee, and claim that they have had over 100 enquiries for my service in their area?

Anyone know anything about them?

Thanks

i don't know much about them but i too got a simular phone call stating the exact same things, that i would as much work as i could handle because they don't have any other nail techs in my area, over 100 a month.

It was £300 set up fee and £30 a month thereafter. Did sound really too good to be true so these things often are, would be nice to hear some advice from anybody who has actually taken them up on there offer.

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

I wonder how much print advertising £300 would buy...

i don't know much about them but i too got a simular phone call stating the exact same things, that i would as much work as i could handle because they don't have any other nail techs in my area, over 100 a month.

It was £300 set up fee and £30 a month thereafter. Did sound really too good to be true so these things often are, would be nice to hear some advice from anybody who has actually taken them up on there offer.

Sorry i couldn't be more help.

If there truely were 100 people a month wanting their nails doing in your area, don't you think they would be able to find someone themselves to do them??? Are Nail Techs really that hard to find? No, they're not.

Don't be taken in by these people, they're only after your money (and trust me, I know from hard personal experience). Tell them your not interested and put down the phone......

hth's

I do not trust anyone that comes to you to offer advertising on websites/billboards/in supermarkets/hospitals etc.

I have fell for that many overpriced crappy ways to advertise that I could have had 2 sports cars instead of 1!

If someone wants a treatment they look in the same places you would look! Thats the phone directories, online by search engines, yell.com, 118 118, local newspapers, leaflet dropping and word of mouth! anything else is a waste of money!

We all fall for it unfortunetly to make our businesses better but if only we weigh up the cost versus how many clients needed to make that money back and the likely hood of acheiving it we would spend that money elsewhere! In the end I just spent all my money in local papers and a big phone directory advert!

Other ways to generate business is to make sure your salon is involved in all the salon promotions that babtac/guild etc do as well as advertising on free web sites.

Kate

Thank Guys

I told them, when they rang back this morning, that i wouldn't be going for the deal and then they offered various ways to pay by installments. Installments that weren't available yesterday, how convenient!

Jus thought i'd check with you guys on here before i said no though, you know the old expression about if its sounds to good..........

Will use my advertising budget in my own way i think.

Thanks again.

I do not trust this company one bit. I had a call from them, and they way they were made me very suspicious. They started by asking do I do nail art, do I do gel etc, so I though it might be a potential client. After a few minutes detailing the services I offer they then introduced themselves and said they were looking for someone in my area to take on some extra work, would I be interested? I asked for the caller to be specific, what is it she wants from me, and with a great amount of dragging the info from her I found out that she wanted me to subscribe to this. I had wasted loads of time on the phone with her, and they should be more direct about why they are calling. A company who genuinely had that sort of business lined up would not have to keep you on the line witn vague enticements like that.

I wouldn't bother with it you will be pestered with phone calls for weeks on end beleive me I know .

Ruby

ww.logans-cave.co,uk

[/I]

Thanks Girls.

Think i made the right decision not to bother with them.

Now, just gotta find the "alledged" 100+ customers that need my service!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back