Level 2 beauty therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shonkalou

Reaction score
Hi all, Im new to this! i am currently studying level 2 Beauty Therapy part time, one night a week. Has anyone else studied this way? Myself and a few girls on our course are feeling as if its very rushed. We are being tested tomorrow night on facials and massage and we are nowhere near ready!! Our tutor is lovely, friendly and helpful but kind of fobs us off saying we will be okay when it comes to passing all of the modules. I am worried that when each of them is done, I will forget everything! Do you do refreshes during the course or is it a case of done and move on?

The trick is to practice practice practice in between each lesson so you are confident in the new skills learnt before the next lesson (and don't miss any sessions)
[emoji3]

I'm doing my level 3 one day a week. There is a lot to take in and get on with which unless you are willing to put in the homework, both theory and practical, it will be a struggle. But that's the trade off for attending part time.

Good luck.

I did my level 2 a number of years ago this way, one evening a week.
At the time I felt as well as others on the course that it was very rushed and that we weren't ready for tests/assessments.
What you have to remember is that you are doing a full course on part time hours so it will feel rushed, its like trying to squeeze a size 9 foot into a size 5 shoe. Just go for it with your tests/assessments, if you wait until you feel ready you'll wait forever.

Like with any skill, it requires practice and perseverance, you need to keep doing it until it becomes ingrained in you. You may feel like you'll forget everything but you'll remember more than you think.
Good luck with the course :)

I did level 2 at night school many years ago and that was one night a week too. I am now finally doing my level 3 at college and that is 15 hours a week and that still feels rushed! (I understand level 2 would be the same). One of the main differences I can think of doing it one night a week is we only had a chance to practice on each other and only occasionally on models that we had to provide for assessments. Whereas doing 15 hours a week we get to do the treatments on paying clients in the commercial salon every week (when we are considered proficient enough in each treatment). To me that is one of the big plusses as I'm building up valuable experience and confidence that I struggle to do just practising on family and friends at home.

I was still shocked at how much coursework we need to do at home though and I would say that it takes it up to closer to 18-20 hours a week. That said, I'm absolutely loving it and just wish I'd done it years ago, but the time wasn't right then.

I'm doing my level 2... 2 nights a week and I'm the opposite. .. I dont feel like I'm moving quick enough!

I did level 2 at night school many years ago and that was one night a week too. I am now finally doing my level 3 at college and that is 15 hours a week and that still feels rushed! (I understand level 2 would be the same). One of the main differences I can think of doing it one night a week is we only had a chance to practice on each other and only occasionally on models that we had to provide for assessments. Whereas doing 15 hours a week we get to do the treatments on paying clients in the commercial salon every week (when we are considered proficient enough in each treatment). To me that is one of the big plusses as I'm building up valuable experience and confidence that I struggle to do just practising on family and friends at home.

I was still shocked at how much coursework we need to do at home though and I would say that it takes it up to closer to 18-20 hours a week. That said, I'm absolutely loving it and just wish I'd done it years ago, but the time wasn't right then.

Hi can I ask is that with a Further Education or Private college. I'm looking to find a part time level 3 course but really struggling!

Hi can I ask is that with a Further Education or Private college. I'm looking to find a part time level 3 course but really struggling!

Hi, I am doing this at my local further education college and got funding through Student Finance England (where you only pay it back if you are earning over £21,000pa).

Although the course is classed as full time, it is actually only 15 hours in college per week, spread over 2 days. (There's quite a lot of coursework to do at home though.). Whenever I had previously looked for this course I had always looked at part time prospectuses because I work part time as well, and assumed full time meant full time! I also thought I wouldn't be able to afford to do it because I didn't realise I would be entitled to the 19+ student loan, so it's definitely worth contacting local colleges and asking them if their full time courses really are full time! Good luck!

Hi, I am doing this at my local further education college and got funding through Student Finance England (where you only pay it back if you are earning over £21,000pa).

Although the course is classed as full time, it is actually only 15 hours in college per week, spread over 2 days. (There's quite a lot of coursework to do at home though.). Whenever I had previously looked for this course I had always looked at part time prospectuses because I work part time as well, and assumed full time meant full time! I also thought I wouldn't be able to afford to do it because I didn't realise I would be entitled to the 19+ student loan, so it's definitely worth contacting local colleges and asking them if their full time courses really are full time! Good luck!

Thank you I will do

Latest posts

Back