Level 2 hairdressing e3 exam, help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophia2290

Reaction score
Hi, I have just started a level 2 hairdressing course and have been told that we have an e3 exam on Wednesday. Does anybody know what I should be revising/researching? We have only done hair washing and blowdrying, and help appreciated! Thanks

An e3 exam is where you answer questions, and if you don't get 70% you can pass it by going through it with your tutor, so don't worry about it. The e4s are harder, as you have to get almost every one right to pass :)

I don't know what unit you are on, but from what you've done, I imagine it will be your shampoo unit or styling unit, so revise on things like the hydrogen bonds in the hair structure and how it's affected, as well as the shampooing techniques, and what each type of shampoo/conditioner does e.g. Lemon will dry out oily hair, coconut will moisture dry hair etc.

You can usually find the questions you'll be asked in your portfolio on each unit :) good luck xxxx

An e3 exam is where you answer questions, and if you don't get 70% you can pass it by going through it with your tutor, so don't worry about it. The e4s are harder, as you have to get almost every one right to pass :)

I don't know what unit you are on, but from what you've done, I imagine it will be your shampoo unit or styling unit, so revise on things like the hydrogen bonds in the hair structure and how it's affected, as well as the shampooing techniques, and what each type of shampoo/conditioner does e.g. Lemon will dry out oily hair, coconut will moisture dry hair etc.

You can usually find the questions you'll be asked in your portfolio on each unit :) good luck xxxx

Thanks that's really helped :D I have just started the course it's a evening one so have just had 4 lessons so far. We have done the shampoo and condition theory so il have a read through all of my notes, from what I can remember it was the hydrogen bonds that confused me abit :( I can remember the hydrophobic end loves the greese and the hydrophilic end loves water, is that to do with the hydrogen bonds? Sorry if this makes no sence! Lol

Hydrogen bonds hold the hair in shape. When they get wet they break and allow the shaoe of the hair to be changed. as the hair dries they reform and the hair is held in the new shape. This is why a wet roller set will last longer than curls done with heated tongs.

Have you done any theory on the styling unit? If you're still on the shampoo unit then don't worry about the hydrogen bonds for now, they're a bit later. I'd revise the different types of shampooing techniques, as well as things like what hair density is, what hair texture is.

Have a look in your portfolio and look in the shampooing unit. Near the back of the unit, there will be a section that says e3 I think. Read those phrases and make sure you understand them all :)

Latest posts

Back