Level 3 Massage vs Level 3 Sports Massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilMissEmmylou

Reaction score
I completed my level 2 last year along with spray tan but didn't go back to do my level 3 as I was offered a great job as an assistant manager for a cosmetics store.

Now I will be off on maternity leave from September and figured I should do an evening course to add to my skills base for the future.

I want to do Level 3 Massage which is a 12 week course done for 4 hours a week however I have now spotted that the college also offer Level 3 Sports Massage which is a 30 week course. The time difference has made me wonder if this means the Sports Massage course would be better in the long run and teach me more or do people generally feel it wouldn't be worth it in the beauty field?

I suppose is depends on the examining board etc. But sports massage seems to be very popular.

I do both massages. I would recommend doing 'normal' massage first. So you can then get used to doing that before you jump into a deep massage :)

I do both massages. I would recommend doing 'normal' massage first. So you can then get used to doing that before you jump into a deep massage :)

I guess I could do that but it will mean waiting another year for the next Sports Massage course to start by which time I will be back at work and might not be up for an evening course lol.

Will have to sit and have a good ole think about it.

Thanks for the feedback though guys :)

I would go straight for sports massage. It will include all the techniques of standard massage and more. I did lv4.

Check the entrance qualifications some sports courses require level 3 massage as an entry.

If not, and the sports includes swedish - I would do the sports.

Best way to learn it as its tutor supported and you'll get plenty of practise with tutor support

Good luck with which ever you decide

Do both courses if you can as they will both teach you something worthwhile and they are both great qualifications to have.

I would happily do both but sadly won't be able to due to the days they are on when I am available being the same.

Would have been fine if I didn't already plan to do level 2 reflexology and have to take daughter to evening activities 2 nights a week too.

No entry requirements for either but I will call and see if the sports massage covers Swedish - good call suggesting I check that, thanks!

I trained in Swedish, then trained in aromatherapy. I hated Swedish - I'm a lot more of an holistic type therapist. I took to Aromatherapy with a sigh of relief! The choice of massage depends on what you enjoy - hard I know!
I enjoy beautiful aromas, holistic massage, candles etc. The lady I know who does sports massage sees it as a lot more clinical - no music, basic oil, no candles - not my bag at all!

Vic x

Latest posts

Back