Level 3 nail technician, what's next?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amymcg

Reaction score
Hey geeks 💜✋
So this is my first ever post, hope I'm doing this right :s
Ok so I'm qualified upto a level 3 in artificial nail enhancements and techology, I'm just wondering what's next? How can I further my knowledge. As far as I have gathered there is no level 4, is this correct?
I just want to fill my little brain with everything there is to know!
Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Hey geeks 💜✋
So this is my first ever post, hope I'm doing this right :s
Ok so I'm qualified upto a level 3 in artificial nail enhancements and techology, I'm just wondering what's next? How can I further my knowledge. As far as I have gathered there is no level 4, is this correct?
I just want to fill my little brain with everything there is to know!
Any advice would be much appreciated!!

I believe there is a level 4 but but is salon management.

Maybe do some brand specific training?

Are you working as a nail tech at the moment?

Many of us continue our education via the brands we use, doing advanced courses and keeping up to date with new products, practices and techniques. Because this is a constantly evolving industry most continuing training is done with the individual companies and not through colleges.

Thanks girls, yes I've attended the salon management course for a short time, I found it was very business orientated, and ended up due to changes no practical work whatsoever. :( gutted!

Not really at the moment, I'm working f-t and doing some nails on the side, I've only qualified 1yr ago so I still feel quite new to everything.
Ah yes, that's what I wasn't sure of, I contacted my old tutor and she informed me of a 3d nail art course running in the college shortly but that was really as far as it went, and not what I'm looking for, more so perfecting my skills,

I will looking into training with the brands now, thanks for clearing that up for me girls :) xx 💜

Try and do as much work as you can, it's the best way to learn and progress! And obviously look into training with your preferred brands.

Thanks girls, yes I've attended the salon management course for a short time, I found it was very business orientated, and ended up due to changes no practical work whatsoever. :( gutted!

Not really at the moment, I'm working f-t and doing some nails on the side, I've only qualified 1yr ago so I still feel quite new to everything.
Ah yes, that's what I wasn't sure of, I contacted my old tutor and she informed me of a 3d nail art course running in the college shortly but that was really as far as it went, and not what I'm looking for, more so perfecting my skills,

I will looking into training with the brands now, thanks for clearing that up for me girls :) xx 💜

You can do a teaching qualification in nails now or an Assessor qualification to assess students on their nail courses x

Thank you girls! Haven't been on this for a wee while so I'm only seen new messages now.

Practice makes perfect I guess! I'm going to look into training with the brands also and the assessors course, that sounds right up my street too! Thanks so much for the replies, much appreciated :) xx

Hoo agree go for brand training that what I did after my nail tech courses.
A kit of people only do brand courses and sometimes miss some very interesting bits if Infomation.

But the best way is practice on perfecting your skills then practice your timing.

To become an assessor I feel is boring as hell , I prefer to be doing nails !

Beauty at your finger tips!

Latest posts

Back