Lifting after 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellapops

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I having being doing Arcylic for 9 months now and i did a set on thursday nite and the girl has texted me saying after 2 days they started to lift and the next day they come off this is the first time this has happened to me she asked for a refund which i have agreed on and i also asked if she would like another set done but she declined?

I have only just started out and i hope she doesnt bad mouth me then i wont get any clients:-( All my other clients are very pleased i know my nails are fine as my mum has them done so i see her all time.

:cry:

I totally feel your pain!!!! I am having the same issues big time!!! although I have lost my first ever client, I am not letting that get me down. Do you have nail trainer? I am having a very close relationship with mine. We have a date every night when the Kids are in bed. You can practice and practice on the thing and simulate some problems a client may experience ect.......

do you think it may be that you applied product too close to the cuticle or sidewalls? I have done that loads of times.

xxxx

it could be your prep hun :) talk us through what you are doing :hug:
PS is that horndean Hants ??

Hi Thanks

Yes, just by portsmouth

I do the cuticule work - file make sure no shine on nail - add tip us sand shark over nail use manicure brush to wipe - ezbond 2 times then primer 2 times before apply products make sure primer dry. then apply white then pink making sure not touching cuticule and sidewalls

i today have done a set on my sister and i am so pleased:lol: i also done a set on my mum last nite.

sometimes i wish someone lived local who i can speak to for advise

it may be that your mix ratio is a bit on the wet side.... i also had this problem a while back. i had clients that were losing nails clean off the natural nail. i looked into everything that it could have been and think this is what my problem was. along side this because i was working so wet i was not able to press the product on to the nail...making sure that that its bonded.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I having being doing Arcylic for 9 months now and i did a set on thursday nite and the girl has texted me saying after 2 days they started to lift and the next day they come off this is the first time this has happened to me she asked for a refund which i have agreed on and i also asked if she would like another set done but she declined?

I have only just started out and i hope she doesnt bad mouth me then i wont get any clients:-( All my other clients are very pleased i know my nails are fine as my mum has them done so i see her all time.

:cry:

Bellapops, welcome to the real world, if this is your first time you have experienced this radical lifting and then the nails just coming off, I personally think maybe your client is having you on - it happens unfortunately, and as us nail techs are such caring souls we often can be taken for a ride, especially in the early stages when we are so eager to please and doubt our own abilities.

I would have ask her to come back to you so that you could look at her nails and assess the situation. This gives you the opportunity so see. IMO nails do not just "come off" - do yours?? Learn from this and next time, don't be in to much of a rush to offer a refund, invite the client back and assess the nails.

Take a visit to the tutorials section her on prep, it is most helpful.
Keep your chin up and put this one down to experience.:hug:

i live in HORNDEAN !!!! PM me if you want a chat xx

Do you do your own nails? If so, do you have any problems? If the answer is no then im afraid you've just encountered your first 'dishonest' client. I've had them too, but when you've just started out you don't know how to deal with them.

Latest posts

Back