Lifting of gel enhancements.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
I just wondered what your own individual policy is on lifting if and when it occurs. I don't do very many gel enhancements any more as most people have moved over to Shellac but I do do a few and I'm not overly experienced even though I've been doing them for two years - not many people have them. So, a couple of my gel clients are fine and go two weeks before infills with no issues, but one has the odd lifting issue. She has just rang me asking for me to fix one nail which I have agreed to do for free. It's just over one week since infills. I need some sort of policy in place to deal with this type of thing from the outset. I was thinking if lifting occurs during the first 4 - 5 days I would repair one or two free but after that I would charge around £3. It is difficult to tell weather the client actually looks after her nails - I do give all the usual aftercare advice. So do you give them the benefit of the doubt?

I'd love to know what you more experienced techs do in these situations. Thanks.

Hi Siana, if your going to bring in a policy regarding payment for lifting you have to ensure it's definitely not your fault, as it wouldn't be fair to expect the client to pay for it. Most of my clients get their refills every three weeks, some four (payday) but none ever have lifting. Please dont think Im being horrible and Im not saying it IS your fault. Maybe its because I only use gel, but I know if the nail isn't throughly prepped or if any product touches the skin, you will have lifting. This might be the reason for your clients lifting. So for your next few Gel applications if you really concentrate on the above, see if it makes any difference, It would be worth trying if you had none more repairs, xx :Kissing:

Sorry, meant to say, if it's only the one client then your prep is not the prob, xx

Thanks Shirleymcc she is coming tomorrow so will definitely concentrate on those points. I do spend a lot of time on prep and it is only her at the moment. I get really gutted when this happens! She has admitted in the past that she never wears gloves and uses all sorts of cleaning products - I wish aftercare was taken more seriously sometimes! Thanks for your help!x

Has she got particularly oily nail beds? I have one lady who has really sweaty hands and have to make sure they're really well prepped and primed. xx

I have to fill acrylic or traditional gel in a week to 10 days. My clients don't have this prob. My nail beds are oily. Also my nails are very flexible (since birth)
I can wear soak off gels w no prob. Hope that helps your confidence! She may just need fills more often.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back