Lifting on one nail only after 2 weeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any advice please?

One of my clients comes back every 2 weeks and the nail her index finger of one hand has lifted EVERy time. It's not just slight lifting around cuticles/ sidewalls - but the whole enhancement is practically hanging off - held on by just a bit at the free edge.

I have completely removed the enhancement and made sure I've thoroughly prepped and scrubbed the nail immediately before re-applying the enhancement (so no chance for it to be 'tampered' with before I get to it). I have tried this 2/3 times now but it keeps happening. I'm not getting any lifting on other nails so am confident my prep/technique is good enough, it's just this one nail. Also, my client says it usually lifts just before she is due to come back - so is fine for a week and a half/ 2 weeks before the enhancement comes away??????

My client admits she uses this finger a lot on keyboard/ calculator so it has been kept short too - but this hasn't helped the problem.

Last appointment I again removed the enhancment and this time used used primer before applying product and will see how this goes.

Just wondered if anyone had come accross this before, had any idea what could be the cause and if there is anything I can do to resolve it?

Thanks

Hey Bryony

I have a lady with a similar problem hun - we have been "power prepping" (scrubfresh, nailfresh, scrubfresh, primer) for the last couple of appointments which seems to work and grab the product more, though a little still lifts away but certainly not the whole enhancement as before !

All other fingers are fine, can only put it down to the way that particular nail grows ??? its her ring finger on left hand which she really doesnt do anything with ?!

kx

Latest posts

Back