Lifting over acidic demi color (Wella, Joico, or Redken)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i have a guest with natural level 5 hair who i will balayage using lightener.

i plan on using a sheer, acidic, demipermanent, cream color to tone with such as Wella Relights /86 or Joico Chrome A9.

say a week from now i want to add more dimension and balayage with permanent color such as Wella Koleston 8/81 + 30v. will the permanent color be able to lift over the acidic toner?

if it won't lift over something like the acidic demipermanent creams, will it lift over a liquid acidic demi like Redken Shades EQ 9T?

How light are you taking the balyage?

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

definitely an 8 or 9. she has fine hair that lifts really easily.

There isn't an 8/81 in KP just colourtouch... Although I wish there was!

There isn't an 8/81 in KP just colourtouch... Although I wish there was!

Me too:( even when you mix illumina 7/81 and 9/ it's still not the same😔

I was just wondering about that! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Doesn't the tint dosent lift tint rule apply here?

This thread actually confuses me. You're gonna balayage with bleach, then next time you're going to balayage with a permanent colour but you want to lift the ends that have already been balayaged???

This thread actually confuses me. You're gonna balayage with bleach, then next time you're going to balayage with a permanent colour but you want to lift the ends that have already been balayaged???

Yeah this is why I was asking how light your going to lighten on the first go. Because normally you would go lighter than an 8 so would have no need to lighten on the second time,just tone.

I think the op wants to add dimension by then balayaging in with a separate shade? Maybe it's a bit too light? Are you able to post a photo please

I think the op wants to add dimension by then balayaging in with a separate shade? Maybe it's a bit too light? Are you able to post a photo please

Yeah so using the 8 as a darker blonde x

Latest posts

Back