Wella help? Khaki ends from bleach Ombre?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prevmia

Reaction score
I have a client , a good friend, who has a distinct khaki tinge to her ends from a previous bleached ombre.
I'm not sure I know how to correct it, I've been out of hairdressing for a few years with children but now just starting again please help?
She is a natural base 6, when she came to me she had been initially lightened and colored by a salon up to a copper 7/8 about a 7/43-8/43 with Koleston. She wanted to go dark auburn about a 6/34 Touch/Demi/quasi, so I put on 3/4 -7/43 and 1/4 - 7/0 in Well Touch and it's gone way too dark (about a 6/75!) and her bleached ends are still khaki!
I think I will have to do a full head bleach rinse and pre-pigment the ends. Should I use Wella Touch /34 relights on ends, will this correct the green? And what all over color should I use to get her up to a 7/34 in a Wella Semi/Demi afterwards? as her hair is obviously porous and she doesn't want any more permanents on?
Any help is much appreciated ;)

Last edited:
If I'm understanding this correctly, the last colour you applied was colour touch? So after a few washes, it should lighten up anyway as it's not permanent. That would save you having to do any further processing or a full head bleach. Going on what you've said, I'd then probably use colour fresh or colour touch /03 to add warmth and correct the khaki tones

Don't add any straight gold to it- gold is next to green on the colour wheel so you will just enhance it you need like a 7.3copper as much copper as she can stand to counteract that or do a bleach bath and tone with like a 0/copper (not farmilier with wella)

Don't add any straight gold to it- gold is next to green on the colour wheel so you will just enhance it you need like a 7.3copper as much copper as she can stand to counteract that or do a bleach bath and tone with like a 0/copper (not farmilier with wella)

I think I understand, so add as much copper as possible,NO GOLD!
But as copper is a combination of gold and red I'm confused!
So presumably a wella 7/3 or 7/34 would be perfect, but their isn't one in the Wella touch vibrant reds? Perhaps 7/45 or a combination of of 7/4 and /34 would work?

Or as 'redordead' said a colour touch in a /03 to add warmth, like 7/03 or 8/03 but they look a bit natural to me to tone copper with?
I'll be doing her hair on Tuesday and I'll probably do a mild bleach bath, so I can't make another mistake :(

Well don't make it orange but copper is better than green! I'm sorry I can't help with wella colours I'm not trained :(

Have you got a picture ?

Have you got a picture ?

Here are 2 pics of her hair now:
708309136_o.jpg
708309127_o.jpg

as you can see the color on the ends is washed out and dry, with a greenish tinge (which is more obvious in real life) and there's too much red red in the rest, the roots are showing slightly hot as well : (

Not sure how to proceed from here, she wants to be a level 7 auburn/copper, but perhaps a level 6 auburn/copper would be a better compromise at this point?
What do you think? :|

I would you Wella special mix /43 mixed with 60ml of warm water. Apply to the ends and develop for 20 mins. Blot dry or dry and apply colour touch 7/0 throughout the with soften the copper which is shown only slightly will not counteract. X

Latest posts

Back