Lifting problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arty*Rox

Reaction score
I wonder if you ladies could help, I have a client that has NSI L&P, she's been having them done for a while now and has had no problem, just lately she has increased her hours at work (she's a carer) and has to wear gloves for long periods, her hands get sweaty and its causing the acrylic to lift on some nails within a week.

I'm wondering if another system might me more suitable for her, possibly brisa lite sculpting gel? Or just Shellac or gel polish over her natural nails? I'm quite new too Brisa Lite. Have any of you had similar experiences with a client and found a solution? I have also advised her a pair of cotton gloves under her vinyl gloves might help.

I wonder if you ladies could help, I have a client that has NSI L&P, she's been having them done for a while now and has had no problem, just lately she has increased her hours at work (she's a carer) and has to wear gloves for long periods, her hands get sweaty and its causing the acrylic to lift on some nails within a week.

I'm wondering if another system might me more suitable for her, possibly brisa lite sculpting gel? Or just Shellac or gel polish over her natural nails? I'm quite new too Brisa Lite. Have any of you had similar experiences with a client and found a solution? I have also advised her a pair of cotton gloves under her vinyl gloves might help.

I think your advice re the cotton gloves is good.

I would not use shellac on this client. If she has been weareing L&P for sometime with regular rough buffing of the natural nails, sheis not a good candidate for Shellac. Shellac is not an enhancement and does not offer anything like the strength She needs.

I've no idea how long she likes her nails, but she will need to sacrifice some length to begin with to help her get used to the new material. I would use Brisa hard gel or Brisa lite Sculpting gel with a good strong central vertical apex for extra strength at first (don't over-do it just a wee bit more than you may be used to as she is used to L&P). You can over the weeks reduce the height of the apex as she gets used to wearing the gel. Work together to solve her problems. Add your Sculpting gel in layers so that her damaged nails do not feel a paoinful heat spike.

Sometimes you have to learn as you go along together to get the right prescription and let her know this. She may have a few problems along the way but deal with them and change the prescription as may be needed. There is nothing unprofessional about forming this partnership ... it's a change for her and something a bit new for you. If you are both willing to do that then I think you will have success.

Thanks Geeg this helps alot :) I think if the problems persist after her trying the cotton gloves then I'll try her on the brisa lite, she actually looks after her nails well and uses her solar oil regularly and before her hours increased at work would go 4 weeks between her rebalances with no lifting and no breaks, so I don't think she would find too much difference strength wise going over to brisa gel. I have told her we need to keep them a little shorter for now although she doesn't wear them all that long.

Her natural nails are in good condition under the enhancements but I don't think shellac or gel polish on natural nails would suit her as she can't make fortnightly appointments.

I'm positive it's wearing the gloves and her hands sweating in them that is causing the lifting, and I'm worried that she could also get greeny's if it continues. I'll work to find a solution with her.

Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back