Lifting with Ezflow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
:irked:I have been doing nails for 2 years using CND products, was having a few problems with lifting, so decided to do a conversion course with Ezflow and loved the new 508 brush. its better than any 1 have used before.
I done my first clients nails following all the procedures that I was taught, I took off all the dead skin from nails using dry prep, then I used scrubfresh which I know some people on here has said dont do, others have said it is ok to use. I applied 2 coats of ezbond.
I applied the white powder then the pink, I did get a few bubbles which I assume im not doing the ratio right, Im using HD products so didnt use primer. My client has had 3 nails completely come off, she has acrylic over natural nails. Can anyone give me some advice as this is really knocking my confidence. It says that I dont need primer with HD but do you think that I should try primer with this client. Do you think Im not pressing hard enough when applying product. I know they say practice makes perfect. Maybe im applying it too near to the cuticle, I always have problems trying to keep it away from the cuiticle area.

Also the cover pink is not like the CND opaque powders which offers 3 different colours for different skin tones, it is very pink and looks too false. I know that they are false but normally dont look as false. Can I mix other colours to change the colour, not sure what colours though, your help would be much appreciated.
Is there anywhere I can go where I can have one to one practicing, maybe someone watch me and tell me what im doing wrong.

Thanks
Abicrunch

Hiya .. welcome to site

It sounds like the lifting problems you had with Creative have followed you with Ez flow...as you have already said that you have problems with getting too near the skin, it sounds like this may be the cause...

other things...product too thick in zone 3....not pressing....and mix ratio

also you didn't mention in your prep...removing the shine from the nail...?

HTH

With HD you must use much drier beads than what you are used - this is very important or you will get lifting without a doubt x

:irked:I have been doing nails for 2 years using CND products, was having a few problems with lifting, so decided to do a conversion course with Ezflow and loved the new 508 brush. its better than any 1 have used before.
I done my first clients nails following all the procedures that I was taught, I took off all the dead skin from nails using dry prep, then I used scrubfresh which I know some people on here has said dont do, others have said it is ok to use. I applied 2 coats of ezbond. You don't need to apply both brands of nail sanitiser/dehydrator. One is enough!
I applied the white powder then the pink, I did get a few bubbles which I assume im not doing the ratio right, Im using HD products so didnt use primer. My client has had 3 nails completely come off, she has acrylic over natural nails. Can anyone give me some advice as this is really knocking my confidence. It says that I dont need primer with HD but do you think that I should try primer with this client. Do you think Im not pressing hard enough when applying product. I know they say practice makes perfect. Maybe im applying it too near to the cuticle, I always have problems trying to keep it away from the cuiticle area.

Also the cover pink is not like the CND opaque powders which offers 3 different colours for different skin tones, it is very pink and looks too false. I know that they are false but normally dont look as false. Can I mix other colours to change the colour, not sure what colours though, your help would be much appreciated.
Is there anywhere I can go where I can have one to one practicing, maybe someone watch me and tell me what im doing wrong.

Thanks
Abicrunch

Hi, I had a little play with HD a while back, as I've trained with both companies, too. You do need to press really firmly with HD, as it's a rather different application to cnd or A Polymer. I don't know, but I think you need to review how you're doing things, because neither product is prone to lifting if properly applied. You can tone down the cover pink with colours from other collections, such as certain of the pastels. Maybe some of the other geeks will come up with some custom blending ideas for you. Hope that helps a little bit! :) :hug:

It is very important that you stick within a system - as Scrubfresh is not an EZ Flow product, stop using it. If you continue to not follow manufacturers instructions then it will be difficult for either company to help you.

Provided you are following everything you have been taught with your EZ Flow products then you shouldnt have problems. Contact your EZ Flow supplier and ask them about skill building and problem solving.

As has been said already, you have had problems with lifting before and so the causes of the lifting need sorted as it doesnt seem a product issue, but a technician issue.

Personally I dont believe you can do a successful dry prep without causing damage to either the surrounding skin or the natural nail plate.

Practice does make perfect but only if what you are practicing is perfect. And another one - if you keep doing what you're doing you will continue to get what you have!

Hi,
as allready mentiond by others it seems to be more of an application issue rather than a brand/system issue.
I use the Ezflow Hd and A L&P. I've done a conversion in both and I have to say getting used to the HD took a few tries.
You have to work much drier with the HD and I've found if the temp of the room isn't just right it's not as easy to work with,saying that I love the stuff:lol:
HD is a primer optional system so if I do have a lift prone client I will use primer ( i have a few horsey clients with lifting issues and using primer with HD has eliminated the problem)

The HD cover pink can be warmed up with a bit of Pansy from the pastel flowers collection.

I have to say one thing though,I've never damaged anybodys nails through dry prep, if it's done correctly there should be no problem regarding thoroughness or damage.
HTH

Last edited:
Hi

If i was you i would call Jessica Marks she is based in Crawley and i done my training with her. Salon name Polished or you can email through Facebook as she has a webpage on there.

When i used HD i always use primer just to help bond it to the natural nail.:)

Hope this helps

Hiya .. welcome to site

It sounds like the lifting problems you had with Creative have followed you with Ez flow...as you have already said that you have problems with getting too near the skin, it sounds like this may be the cause...

other things...product too thick in zone 3....not pressing....and mix ratio

also you didn't mention in your prep...removing the shine from the nail...?

HTH

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I do remove the shine, forgot to mention that, think that I definately do it too close to the cuticle. Have done a set today and they came out good, but on one nail there was a slight mark where I put one ball on then added the 2nd ball, the line appeared through but cant understand why. I will have to wait and see if they life or not as I was very careful not to get too close to the cuticle. Thanks. Abi

Hi
Yes it is so hard to do it with a dryer ball and I have found that the dryer it is, the faster it sets and doesnt give me much time to move it about. It so hard. Abi

Latest posts

Back