Lifting without turning orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last time I done this clients hair, I used 12/1 on roots were it had gone dark. And it was Abit gingery so I was thinking add a scoop of bleach in this time? Or would that be wasting time? And no not really sorry

It went gingery cause the ash isn't strong enough on a base 5. 12/81 or 12/89 with special would've been better, but would not get it to a clean 10. Adding bleach would be dangerous, and also pointless. Just do scalp bleach. Does she have it quite ashy or is it more just very clean?
/1 - grey ash (will subdue any other tone but wont neutralise.
/2 - green
/3 - gold
/4 - red
/5 - mahognay (mixture of violet and red)
/6 - violet
/7 - brunette
/8 - pearl (blue)
/9 - soft ash cendre (mixture of blue and violet ash)

So what do you think you would need to tone once lifted?

Oh right, I see... Erm would it be a /8?

And her hair is quite ash

Does blue neutralise yellow? Im really sorry its taking so long but i want you to think of the answer

Oh sorry I pm on about orangy, it's violet

Oh sorry I pm on about orangy, it's violet

Yep and she wants ashy, so what would be a good tonal combination do you think?

Maybe 8/81?

8/81 would work but wouldn't be ashy, i find 8/81 goes very clean. Theres one a depth up from 8/81 that would be brilliant...

9/16? :D :D I like that game :D

Could she not use scalp bleach then use Ilumina 9/60 to tone or maybe use half 9/60 and half 9/0 with two parts pastel ?

Could she not use scalp bleach then use Ilumina 9/60 to tone or maybe use half 9/60 and half 9/0 with two parts pastel ?

If the OP is comfortable using illumina yes, but 9/60 goes white not ashy i find.

Last edited:
I haven't got a 9/16 right nw I've only gt 88/0 9/0 and 8/1

Until tomorrow what is my best bet?

Is that all you have?

Yes that's all I had I've put Abit of each in seems fine... For now

Latest posts

Back