Lifting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaa123

Reaction score
Please help! I am good in the design of my nails but i struggle really bad with lifting. Sometimes its almost immediately. I sculpt my sets so far only on myself and close family as i'm afraid of the lifting. I dont know what im doing wrong

My prep routine is to
-sanitize hands and spray sanitizing spray directly on the nail
-push back and scrape live cuticle off the nail plate
- etch the nail plate with 180 grit file
-dehyrate and prime
- prime again just before application

I just dont know what I am doing wrong. Could it be my ratio? as i fee my pre is quite in depth considering some lift almost instantly.

I use cjp nail systems. I've not been doing nails for long but i feel i know what to do it just the sets aren't staying put!

Thankyou please help

There's plenty of potential for error with acrylic nails [emoji85]

How long ago did you train? Are you allowed to contact your training provider for help if you're having problems?

Thanks for the reply. I trained a few months ago now. Yeah i should be able to get in contact. I think the frustrating thing is knowing what to do but just not being able to do it . Like you say may just take getting used tol. Hopefully soon it will just click! Also due to practicing a lot on myself my left hand fingernails are very thin i was wondering if this could also be a problem with the ashesion?

Hope i get it soon!

You *might* be over- priming? I know a couple of CJP youtubers were double priming and some stopped and started doing it once. Are you on the CJP Facebook page? I suggest joining if not, and having a search for "lifting" or "priming". X

Definitely thinned nail plates will be more prone to lifting x

Latest posts

Back