Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scattyfox

Reaction score
Help am using the VF21 Lyte system and am getting nothing but lifting problems have tried all sorts of things to rectify situation but is not getting me any comebacks due to this fact. Has any one else had any problems with this system or is it all my fault

Is that star nails?? We used that at college and i didnt get on with it at all>Dont worry love we all get it when were new. Ive been doing nails just over a year now and i still am!!!. Alot of it is down to the prep work but i have been using Millenium nails system and always used to get lift. Go to the tutorial for prep.Think you might find it helpfull. I never realised how important it was to get every bit of living tissue off the nail.Just wasnt covered that well in college.
In the meantime dont worry!!!

I had terrible lifting with VF21 Star Nails Gel. Personally, I think it isn't a very good gel to work with. Since changing to Bio Sculpture I have had no problems with lifting. It is worth trying Brisa also.

Sorry but need to correct you here .VF21 Lyte is their Acrylic not gel. Their gel I think ( but can't remember ) is GF 21 .

Karen x

oops! - well it was the gel I was using. Havent used their L&P.

Oops again !!!. before anyone corrects me . VF21 if their L & P

Karen x

I have tried this L&P and have to say i think its quite a hard one to use. I trained with Star and ended up using their other L&P i thinks its the Performance or something, i can't remember now.

I have since switched to EZ flow and haven't looked back. Its amazing how a change in product will completely change the way you produce nails. My application improved straight away and keeps getting better. I would personally get yourself a few try me kits from Creative, EZ flow, NSI and any others you want to try and just see how you get on. What works for me may not work for you.

Happy hunting.:D

Thanks will do

Yes it is star nails acrylic system . How do you get the trainee kits from people like creative if they only sell to creative trained. With creative you have to wait a year until you can do a conversion

you can get a 'try me kit' from creative for about £7...this is just that, a trial kit which is available to all technicians. It may give you a some idea if you wish to convert to creative and i'm sure other companies sell a tester kit too. if you try a couple of kits it may help you decide if you want to convert to a certain product but remember each product needs to be worked slightly differently (ie mix ratios etc)

I beleive any product will lift if carefull steps are NOT taken with preparation of the nail plate, ratios etc and touching the side walls/epoynichium to name a few......

I have used stars L&P without Lifting and OPI's L&P without lifting and now Nail Orders - I believe that lifting is down to the technician and not the product....but hell I am still new so I could be wrong.... :smack:

Latest posts

Back