Light Elegance P+ removal help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfected

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently bought an intro kit from LE with their P+ polishes. I applied it Monday and decided to remove it today as I didn't like how I applied it. I'm used to working with Shellac, and this went on differently.

Anywho, I was under the impression you didn't have to file the top coat. It barely budged after 15 minutes. So I filed the top coat and resoaked. After 15 minutes it started to break down, but it's no where near coming clean off.

Did I use too much base coat? Is this common with P+? I really want to like this!

To be honest this brand can be a little tricky. When I paint my clients nails I always have to flash cure it because it runs from the cuticle for some reason. You need their basecoat and you need their topcoat for it to not peel and this is a first that a brand does that for me. Because I usually only use one topcoat which is gelish top coat on everything but you can’t with this brand. Did you use their base and their topcoat with your nails?

To be honest this brand can be a little tricky. When I paint my clients nails I always have to flash cure it because it runs from the cuticle for some reason. You need their basecoat and you need their topcoat for it to not peel and this is a first that a brand does that for me. Because I usually only use one topcoat which is gelish top coat on everything but you can’t with this brand. Did you use their base and their topcoat with your nails?

I used their base and top, and used my CND Shellac UV lamp to cure. I had ordered the newest led light from LE, but they sent me the wrong one. (Got the right one today).

I also noticed the color shrinking away from the cuticle/sides before I could apply to five fingers, despite applying the color thinly. I got in touch with one of their educators who told me the base was more like a true gel and had to be applied very thinly. So, I tried that. I wiped almost all the base from the brush and only used enough to "wet" the nail. The color didn't shrink away this time, it stayed where I applied it. Yay! She confirmed that you did have to file the top coat first. (The instructions say nothing about it). The second removal went somewhat easier, but still took a while. I only removed one hand as my hubby was waiting to go eat lunch. Lol.

I'm going to remove the second hand tomorrow and redo it with the led lamp. The educator mentioned if you over cure it, it can also cause difficult removal. I know the Shellac lamp is strong, but don't think it over cured it.

I'm hoping I figure this out soon. In the future I might just have to invest in an e file for removal. Would prefer to just soak it off though. I love the colors and the glitter is gorgeous!

Yes it is! The glitters are my favorite as favorite as well!! It’s just always something with this brand! Lol good luck honey.

Latest posts

Back