Light for photos?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate Minerva

Reaction score
I have done a search on this but all that seems to come up is lamps/lights for curing.

Can anyone help with a decent light when they take photos of their work? I just use mine in normal Lighting and they look pretty average photos. Do people use halogen/led lamps etc to create better light when taking photos.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thank you x

I take my pics with my Samsung S4! I take one with flash and one without to see which captures the nails best. As I'm mobile I'm in constantly changing lights so I find the flash is 9 times out of 10 best x x

My photos have improved greatly since I started using a white or sometimes a black towel under the hands, my samsung galaxy s4 phone (the only reason I picked my phone to be honest) and bought a daylight lamp for my desk. Sometimes I actually have to turn the lamp off or reposition it because of the glare I get back off the nails. Shows the shine to the top coat at it's best though lol.

Steph xx

Looks like I may need to change my phone when it's due for an upgrade :) I had a look on some Facebook pages and the ones on here and mine just don't even compare. Have been looking into lights there is a daylight one in maplins so may buy that too.

Thanks girls x

A lot of us have this desk light and swear by it, but be aware that they have also brought out an LED version. You can manipulate the light to get the best conditions for the photo and play around with the angle of your phone.

I now have a set up where I can photograph my own nails using my Tablet and reversing the camera and the lighting is so much better than when I take photos of clients, so just shows how a different angle can have a better effect.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Light-Daylight-Slimline-Energy-saving/dp/B0030BRL6C

Try using window light diffused by a net curtain if you don't have a decent daylight lamp. You can also use a white card to reflect some light back on the nails.

Latest posts

Back